Caribou Gear

Water in my swaro

Jamen

Long story short, bought a used swaro HD spotting scope this summer used it a few times in the yard. Took it out west mule deer hunting. When I went to look through it today looks like water vapor in the eye piece. Not alot as if someone took one of those lens cleaner l wet wipes and did a swipe. It's not external spots. It's been stored in a hard case ever since I bought it in my house. I did buy an optics planet canvas case for it. Anyone ever have a similar issue? The clarity is still 95% but more annoying than anything. Didn't know if the old rice trick would work. Lastly anyone ever have issues switching the warranty over I have been at a standstill getting it switched.

Man I'm zero percent an expert, but once vapor is in there it's staying. Pretty sure air replaces the argon gas so it's not diy fixable

Maybe try the ole phone in rice trick? Haha

I don't have first hand info but I was told by third party that Swaros are waterproof and will warranty repair for moisture in sealed/interior part of glass. Double check moisture is in the sealed interior then give the U S customer service a call. Same thing as described happened to a buddy's scope with the eye piece. Swaro took back the damaged eye piece and replaced with new one.

Last edited:
You likely have a bad seal. I would call Swarovski and send it back.

So technically it's not under my name right now for the warranty will that matter? Been a pain in my rear end trying to get it me. Also I will say it's the best glass I ever looked through. Sadly today I forgot my adapter for the phone skope and had a herd of big horns 400 yards away idk much about big horns but his curls started to go outward I'm bummed I didn't get a good pic

Yea I'm not worried if they charge me a little I got a pretty good deal on it. Thanks everyone

If it’s just the eyepiece just run through the warranty portal for the eyepiece. Worst case scenario and it falls out of the mail plane you’re only out the eyepiece. Swaro service has always always been good to me.

I sent my Swaros in last year for a focus knob spring replacement, apparently the right side of my SLC's were bent. They changed spring, straightend the right side, replaced coating on everything free of charge.

So technically it's not under my name right now for the warranty will that matter? Been a pain in my rear end trying to get it me. Also I will say it's the best glass I ever looked through. Sadly today I forgot my adapter for the phone skope and had a herd of big horns 400 yards away idk much about big horns but his curls started to go outward I'm bummed I didn't get a good pic

If it’s not under your name and in the person you bought it from it will be a problem.
Do you know the name and address of the person you bought it from? Phone number? If so you can call customer service and tell them this info and they will verify it and transfer it into your name once verified.
I had to do this once and luckily the guy I bought it from still had the same cell phone number and Swarovski quickly verified he sold it to me. I couldn’t remember his name or address since it was a few years after buying it that I wanted to send my spotting scope in for a tune up.
As stated above the eye piece has its own serial number and you can just send that in for service.

Everyone talks crap on Vortex... It would be an easy fix if it was a vortex, send it in, doesn't matter how you ended up with it, it'll get fixed or replaced. Just sayin'.

That being said does swaro not have a lifetime warranty???

Everyone talks crap on Vortex... It would be an easy fix if it was a vortex, send it in, doesn't matter how you ended up with it, it'll get fixed or replaced. Just sayin'.

That being said does swaro not have a lifetime warranty???
Yes they do and it was in place well before someone dreamed up of starting vortex.

Then the OP should just send it in and the issue will be taken care of for no cost right?
Sure sounds like it. If the failure is on swaros end they will cover it. But if you did something to screw it up you’ll end up paying repairs as their product didn’t fail you. The individual who owned it was careless and didn’t take care of his shit and should be expected to pay for their carelessness.

Back