Yeti GOBOX Collection

Washington's Pronghorn Future

That on a reservation? I wasn't aware of any off res.

That on a reservation? I wasn't aware of any off res.
The releases happened on the Yakama and Colville reservations, but there have been quite a few that left the reservation. The talk I hear is that the majority of the animals are still on the reservations, but we've had a few small groups near the farm now for a few years. I'll see them several times, then go quite awhile without seeing any, then they're back again. I love seeing the fawns, gives me hope that they're doing good.

The releases happened on the Yakama and Colville reservations, but there have been quite a few that left the reservation. The talk I hear is that the majority of the animals are still on the reservations, but we've had a few small groups near the farm now for a few years. I'll see them several times, then go quite awhile without seeing any, then they're back again. I love seeing the fawns, gives me hope that they're doing good.
WDFW released sighting data, a lot of the ones from the Yakama res are now east closer to Prosser and Mabton. About 1/3 to 1/2 of the ones from the Colville res are south near Mansfield (with one small group hanging out on Rock Island grade east of Rock Island).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back