Wall tent stove

Let the fire burn down that morning pretty early. We start packing up other stuff first to let the stove cool down a bit.
Usually a fire pit around the campsite somewhere, using leather gloves the spouse will empty the coals into the fire pit, a small shovel works good if the stove is still too hot to handle, ours has handles on the side that don't get as hot as the main body of the stove.
Setting the stove outside the tent with the door open cools it down fast too.
We empty the water jug on the coals in the fire pit and stir before we leave.
The spouse also packs the stove with dry firewood for storage so that next time we use it , dry wood is right there for the first warming fire.
That seems like a great way of doing it. Thanks for the insight! Looks like I’ll be needing a small shovel….

Anyone find a packable titanium stove to heat a 10x12 wall tent that can double for use in your floorless tipi shelter ? Would like to buy one stove instead of two ?

My 2 cents, get a bigger stove than they say if you are going to be camping in the cold. Compare stoves by the size of the firebox, bigger stove, more heat. I used to get by fine with a small stove through October, and even winter in a little 8x10 tent. Later with a 14x16 tent and 26x14x14 firebox, when temps got down to the single numbers it took noticeably more effort to keep warm, one late season out in meeker with every night down at minus 10 or colder it got downright nippy.

Cheapest stove I used working in Alpine WY and camped down the Greys River until January, was a galvanized trash can with 6" round duct and a damper with elbow out the back, fit a big log and kept that place toasty for drying out my boots. Vent hole down the bottom in front to let the air in.

I have the Seek Outside Cimaron & 14x16 wall tent. As noted previously, always opt for the bigger size.

A stove that would adequately warm up a 10x12 wall tent would take up way to much space in a two person Tipi.

Last edited:
I was looking for something for my tipi & wall tent. I ultimately ended up buying two stoves. Your going make a compromise if you end up purchasing a stove.

Unless your tipi is a similar size to your wall tent?
Nope just a 2 man tipi . Well 4 but 2 comfortable . But I thought could always throw a propane buddy heater in the wall tent too .

Just wanted to give an update about Kwik Kamp. Issue wasent reoslved and was quite shady. I would not recommend their company.

Thanks for the reply. I just got the Yukon stove from walltentshop and ‘burned it in’ yesterday but found the door a little warped and the damper also not sitting tight to the door. I’m in contact with the company to see how to remedy it. I went with the Yukon stove because I was under the impression it would be airtight…
How did your situation turn out? I’m atill deciding between the Yukon, Riley & Colorado Cylinder..

How did your situation turn out? I’m atill deciding between the Yukon, Riley & Colorado Cylinder..
I contacted the company and with almost no hassle they sent me a new door! Great customer service. The new door is better than the first one. Not sure it is 100% airtight. I can’t speak for the other brands out there but I am happy with my stove so far.

I've always thought this style of stove might be good for hunting in really cold conditions when you don't want to screw with firewood and don't like the condensation of propane.
30 hour run time. No electricity, and very little wasted heat.

Back