Wall tent on trailer?

I checked into something like this and they cost a fortune. Also, I would have to store it in Idaho City and we get about 7 feet of snow in the winter. Do you have a website I could look at?
the pictures are from AliBaba. A foreign import site. I'm sure the low prices are going to be offset by hefty shipping costs. but it is cool to look at...

the pictures are from AliBaba. A foreign import site. I'm sure the low prices are going to be offset by hefty shipping costs. but it is cool to look at...

I like these, they do cost a fortune and I would have to store it in 7 foot of snow. Thanks for the input!!!!

I have always wanted to turn one of these into a mountain ready mobile camp. High clearance, the structure is almost completely there except maybe add some pitch to the roof, hang heavy canvas or plywood for sides/roof. Add a wood stove and a cot, and a door.
View attachment 211000
They are such a pain and tiny, totally not worth the fuel to pull. The o Lu reason we used them in the Army was because we were told we had to.

There is pro's and con's to everything. Your setup sound interesting.

I had two wall tents, but sold them. The tent(s), poles, stove, and the additional stuff needed took up a lot of space to store. This in itself required a trailer to haul all the gear to go camping/hunting. I purchased an older 16-ft enclosed cargo trailer from my neighbor. I plan to gut it, put in insulation, some wiring, new paneling, a window or two, and a vent on the roof. I am thinking I will wire for "shore electricity" (external power source like RV camping) and install some solar panels on the roof to recharge my battery set-up. Right now it works on paper. I will start work on it as weather permits here in Montana. My thought is to make it a "poor-man's toy hauler" and it will allow me to be self-sufficient. In other words, I don't need to rely on others to have a place to sleep. I can pull up and move camp fairly easily. Thought is to haul one or two ATVs, park them outside, and then sleep and cook in the trailer. There are a lot of videos on Youtube. That's the plan. My kids are "out of the house" and it will give me a project to do. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I had two wall tents, but sold them. The tent(s), poles, stove, and the additional stuff needed took up a lot of space to store. This in itself required a trailer to haul all the gear to go camping/hunting. I purchased an older 16-ft enclosed cargo trailer from my neighbor. I plan to gut it, put in insulation, some wiring, new paneling, a window or two, and a vent on the roof. I am thinking I will wire for "shore electricity" (external power source like RV camping) and install some solar panels on the roof to recharge my battery set-up. Right now it works on paper. I will start work on it as weather permits here in Montana. My thought is to make it a "poor-man's toy hauler" and it will allow me to be self-sufficient. In other words, I don't need to rely on others to have a place to sleep. I can pull up and move camp fairly easily. Thought is to haul one or two ATVs, park them outside, and then sleep and cook in the trailer. There are a lot of videos on Youtube. That's the plan. My kids are "out of the house" and it will give me a project to do. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
I like your thought process. I had a 6x12 cargo trailer and was planning on turning it into a camper like what your plans are. The reason I didn't was the fact that it cost a fortune in gas to haul the thing around. And going up a hill with a head wind---not good. I have since sold it. Your idea will certainly work!!!! Let's keep in touch and maybe we will get the chance to go hunting.

Reactions: JMG

If you put a propane heater in it make sure it is a direct vent. Vent to the outside!

Reactions: JMG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back