Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wait...That Ain't Right

Hunting in Idaho above timber line, unit 6. Saw what I thought was a mule deer buck a couple hundred yards below me. Up there, I was thinking mule deer and my dad and I watched him through the binoculars. Medium buck. Maybe 23-25 inches across. But we were in deep and not going to pack out a 'fair to middlin' buck. Then the buck flipped up its white tail and bounded off. Giant whitetail buck welll above timberline. My mind was thinking mule deer and it kept telling me that despite reality. In my memory it's still one of the biggest whitetails I've seen, but then again since it is gone forever it can be as big as I want it to be...

While working in a gravel pit in N. MN, I crossed a "flooded" road that was between 2 ponds. There was maybe 6"-1' of water over the road. It was a nice, sunny, spring day and as I got closer there were 3 small hammer handle Northern Pike, sitting in the sun warmed water. Kinda cool.

Goose hunting in a wheat stubble field south of Denver (now E470 and Park Meadows are there) about 30 years ago. Snow on the ground, cold, January, with my brother. Me: "what is that dark spot down in the draw?" I get the binoculars out and tell my brother "you will never guess what that is down there!" It was an ostrich! It definitely didn't "look right". My brother said no way, give me those binoculars

Was visiting family in Nothern Montana and some friends saw a young bull moose on their family farm. This is in Dryland farming country in the middle of stubble fields. Hingham MT if anyone wants to look it up on a map.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back