Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WA native, NY resident.

LNGBOWFLYER

Hello everyone. Glad I was able to come across this forum. Been lurking a bit and finally joined lots of good info and so far I've had a warm welcome.

About me. I'm from Central Washington. Grew up muzzle loader hunting for deer and elk. After high school I enlisted in the Marine Corps. Deployed twice to Iraq. Once in 2003 and again in 2004. I got out got married and went back home to college. I got a bull riding scholarship and competed in college rodeo. I also got an Army ROTC scholarship. Graduated from Central Washington University and commissioned as a LT in the Army in 2009.

I am currently an AH-64D Longbow Apache pilot stationed at Ft. Drum NY. I have a 4 year old son and a year old daughter. My passion is flying helicopters and bowhunting. ESPECIALLY for elk. My favorite thing to do is hunt elk with a bow. I look forward to learning and hopefully also giving back to this site. Thanks for a great show and a great website.

k4v3vp.jpg

Nice elk,( and nice shot)....nice chopper and nice mother. Can't be all bad :) Welcome LNGBOWFLYER, and thanks for your service.

Welcome to the site. Thanks for your service in defense of our freedom. I hope you get everything you want out of this site and more. Good luck and good hunting!

Welcome to the site. Like Big Luke said, like seeing more and more WA guys on here. Thanks for you service and sacrifice to serve our great nation and protect our rights to hunt when we want to.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. And most of all thank you to the support you all show to myself and my other brothers in arms. We get a lot of thanks and support and not sure how much appreciation or thanks you guys get for your endless support for us. It means alot to us and it always raises our spirits to know that what we do and bleed for is not forgotten or taken for granted but is instead appreciated. So thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

As far as the north country goes I love it here. While my heart will always be out west this is the next best thing. Already I have found some great deer hunting, goose hunting and some trout and steelhead fisbing to rival any northwest river. As far as turkey hunting goes.... You are blessed truly blessed because I have seen more turkeys here than in any of the other 4 states I have lived in. May 1st can't come quick enough. I really love the north country. I will not lie I was dreading coming up jere because it was "New York". Well this area is nothing like I expected its 100x better. Ft. Drum really is like they advertise "The Armys best kept secret". The area is beautiful, the people are nice and the weather is great.

Here is a North Country buck. My neighbor shot it. He let me have the first shot. So when a doe stepped out I whacked her. 5 minutes later he stepped out at 15 yds. A Slick Trick Mag from my neighbor did the trick.

9ftiqs.jpg

5cm92t.jpg

This buck was captured a week after the archery season. I'll get him this year. Hopefully.

2qnus0k.jpg

This is how many turkeys there are. I was at a park with my family and came across this horny bastard. He was trying to get with a teenage girls and got all pissy when I tried to take his picture.

vcquxg.jpg

309qwl2.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back