Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

WA Griz reintroduction halted

Ahhh... the extremists, Center for Biological Diversity has... threatened...

The Center for Biological Diversity sent a letter Wednesday giving notice that it intends file a federal lawsuit in 60 days unless the Interior Department resumes its efforts to reintroduce the apex predator.

I could see them using this to argue not to delist in Yellowstone. Ok, now the tough question, do I support active reintroduction in North Cascades if it speeds up delisting in GYE? Hmmm.....

What is the intended benefit to reintroducing grizzlies there?
It's really more of a response to the recovery plan calling for recovery actions in the various population areas including North Cascades rather than a need to provide a benefit. Of course the concept of restoring apex predators is often used as reasoning for why reintroduction should be considered.

What is the intended benefit to reintroducing grizzlies there?

Given some supreme court litigation this statement is nuanced so don't @me everyone, but essentially restoring this population is a requirement of recovering bears and handing management over to the states.

1668113394988.png

1668113657644.png

1668113619275.png
1668113515843.png

Preditor I believe should not be re-located back near civilazation. They did that with the wolf and lot's of livestock lost to them. There was a reason they were pretty much shot out years go. They stopped shooting lions In Oregon with dogs and wasn't long before they were attacking people. I suspect they re-plant grizzly's and people in areas they weren't in before, are gonna become dinner for a hungry bear. I wonder what the reason really is to plant new grizzly's?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back