WA Griz reintroduction halted

Irrelevant

I disagree with a couple of my friends on this. I'm playing the selfish card. I don't want grizzlies in the cascades. If they end up there naturally then so be it, but I don't support us relocating them in. Twice in the last week I thought, damn am I glad I don't have to worry about grizzlies. Once while wading through riparian brush over my head several miles into the wilderness, alone, trying to get to an off-trail, middle of nowhere lake, and the second while doing a big mt bike ride through some pretty rugged country, at dusk, again alone.

Last edited:

I disagree with a couple of my friends on this. I'm playing the selfish card. I don't want grizzlies in the cascades. If they end up there naturally then so be it, but I don't support us relocating them in. Twice in the last week I thought, damn am I glad I don't have to worry about grizzlies. Once while waiting through riparian brush several minutes into the wilderness, alone, trying to get to an off-the-trail, middle of nowhere lake, and the second while doing a big mt bike ride through some pretty rugged country, at dusk, again alone.
I would tend to agree. When populations expand naturally the habitat and populations are healthy. Very often when I see reintroduction of any wildlife into an area they previously were extinct or never existed, I look at the habitat and very often it just is not there. For that reason I would rather man not mess with mother nature and just let them expand naturally. If relocation must happen, they should be in areas that already have a population but low density.

We'll load some up in Tom Minor and Taylor fork and deliver them for free if Washington really wants some...... couple horse trailers and a side of beef and We'll be set

Sounds like a fun summer project.
CO needs 40 or 50... Snowmass, Minturn, Dillon, Silverton, Ouray, and Pagosa.

I still think there’s some up around mt. Adams and on over to mt. St. Helens and even to the East of my. Adams on the yakama reservation. Really if you look at the map I don’t think there’s much stopping them from coming down that far other then I90 really. I also think a natural territory expansion isn’t a bad thing.

I still think there’s some up around mt. Adams and on over to mt. St. Helens and even to the East of my. Adams on the yakama reservation. Really if you look at the map I don’t think there’s much stopping them from coming down that far other then I90 really. I also think a natural territory expansion isn’t a bad thing.
I've spent more time stomping around there than anyone I know except my mom. Zero chance there are griz down there. WAY TOO MANY people.

Well I agree with Neffa on this one, I am fine with natural expansion and then manage once population is stable on any predators. I am not for the re introduction and yeah way to many people around mt adams and helens to go un noticed. hell even big foot gets spotted down there.

@LuketheDog
Karen
View attachment 146200

and her dog Mr. Wiggles
View attachment 146201

Were eaten by a bear at the American Lake Trail head on Tuesday, onlookers posted the encounter to instagram. Becky, Karen's friend, is horrified by the whole incident but thinks she deserved it for wearing that gauche fur vest.

Chad, Karen's widower husband, gets drunk and hits on Becky (also drunk) at the after-funeral party. They have a brief fling, but she dumps him when he admits he only joined Defenders of Wildlife to meet women...

I remember when my buddies and I called in a griz near Anaconda, Montana in the 90’s yote hunting. Scared the shit out of us, but a great memory. The game warden denied any grizzly lived in the area of course...

I love them and they have an important place in our ecosystem. Let them naturally return. They’re on their way. I pray I get to hunt them in the lower 48 someday. Hunting is conservation!

Last edited:
Back