WA draw results are out

Bgriffith

I know not to many on here hunt Washington... but they are out! Only thing I drew was a Upper Smith creek muzzle loader bull tag. Yay! đź‘Ť Anyone else draw anything?

Bought points for everything but moose, no luck there with 11 points, maybe in 20 years!
I would highly encourage you, despite it being in opposition to my interests, to always put in for an actual hunt. WA is getting so bad with point creep that it is basically just a random draw every year for everything. In terms of actually drawing tags, you odds increase significantly if you actually try to draw tags every year instead of just points. You'll never get to the point in WA where you points will ensure anything. That's not me being cynical, but actual statistics. I've kept track of draw odds for the last 10 years, and with 10 more points my odds have not increased.

I would highly encourage you, despite it being in opposition to my interests, to always put in for an actual hunt. WA is getting so bad with point creep that it is basically just a random draw every year for everything. In terms of actually drawing tags, you odds increase significantly if you actually try to draw tags every year instead of just points. You'll never get to the point in WA where you points will ensure anything. That's not me being cynical, but actual statistics. I've kept track of draw odds for the last 10 years, and with 10 more points my odds have not increased.
I couldn’t agree more! Knowing the results from other states helps if they come in before WA does. But the unit I drew avg 13pts last year. Gohunt said I only have a measly 0.40%. but the dates fit into an opening so I thought what the heck. it was not even close to a tag I thought I would draw. didn’t draw the deer tag I had my eye on with 30% odds per gohunt...

I don't look at go hunt for WA because you can literally just download the exact # and figure it out for yourself. If you're lazy you can take the # of applicants and multiply that by the squared avg point of the applicants to get to totally # of pingpong balls so to speak and figure your odds that way. It wouldn't be quite as accurate but it way quicker and gets you within a percent or so of the actual odds.

Normally I always would, but this year I drew a general elk tag for Wyoming, I had contemplated not buying tags in WA but couldn't resist, so I ended up with all archery tags figuring I can hunt the late seasons and not conflict with WY plans. The tags choices for most of the categories are pretty bad for archery, and didn't really want to end up pulling a quality tag when I'm trying to focus on WY, so figured I'd just buy points this year.

0-10 this year. I now have 25 pts in OIL & quality deer points. I'll probably never draw any of these tags. I also recommend trying to draw the tag each year you can as mentioned above instead of buying points. Every year the draw odds are getting worse. Good luck on your other hunts.

Normally I always would, but this year I drew a general elk tag for Wyoming, I had contemplated not buying tags in WA but couldn't resist, so I ended up with all archery tags figuring I can hunt the late seasons and not conflict with WY plans. The tags choices for most of the categories are pretty bad for archery, and didn't really want to end up pulling a quality tag when I'm trying to focus on WY, so figured I'd just buy points this year.
Had you pulled Colockum any bull archey tag you could throw that WY tag in the trash and feel good about it. I hunted both last year (WA as a spectator partner), there's no comparison.

Reactions: Guy
Had you pulled Colockum any bull archey tag you could throw that WY tag in the trash and feel good about it. I hunted both last year (WA as a spectator partner), there's no comparison.
Yeah that tag's hard to beat, my friends who drew Wyoming with me would kill me in that case though as they're counting on my help! My biggest limiting factor is how many days I can convince my wife that she can handle running everything. Statistically you're right, but it's easier for my mind to just assume I'd have never drawn anyways and would have just been a point bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back