WA COVID Ridiculousness

I have/had no issue whatsoever with the travel ban. However, to think it was the only step we needed to take was foolish. Anything worthy of a travel ban was certainly worthy of evaluating all other necessary travel bans (i.e. Europe, the Middle East) and start developing contingency plans to implement for if/when the first case(s) showed up in the US.

Travel ban to and from China a couple days later and the news was that this was an overreaction. Come on Ben be better than this.

Even American media and experts doubted the government's decision, saying that the US government's restrictions on China are precisely what the WHO rejects, that the US is turning from overconfidence to fear and overreaction, and that banning the entry of foreigners who traveled to China in the past 14 days is suspected to be violating civil rights instead of reducing risks of virus spreading," Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said.

I bet you answer emails from Nigerian Princes too.

Well your Government is just trying to keep you safe. I am sure they want all the gun shops closed also. Pa closed all public shooting ranges. Ha ha seriously.

Don't neccasarily disagree. But given where we are at and what we now know, I say stay the course. When this first rolled out, it was based off so few facts. Not surprising we may have missed the mark.
I agree. Nobody knew what this was or what it would do. How could they. Think of it like a long hard winter where the only time you go out is to get firewood, feed the animals or visit the outhouse. It seems like forever but eventually the snow melts, the grass turns green, Randy will tell us he bought a lawnmower and there will be a whole new batch of guys who don't want your "Honey Holes".

I was lucky enough to draw one of those spring bear tags. And the turkeys were gobbling all around us today.

There is a thread out there called," Well, There goes Idaho." In Spokane, Social Distancing apparently means going to Coeur d'Alene or Sandpoint. More Washington plates than the Bremerton Ferry. As long as they don't want to stop and shoot the bull, or leave a mess, I don't care.

Lots of Washington anglers at my nearest Idaho lake on Saturday, that said it wasn’t a lot more than normal. I’d pay good money to see WDFW build a reservoir within 15 minutes of Pullman

Lots of Washington anglers at my nearest Idaho lake on Saturday, that said it wasn’t a lot more than normal. I’d pay good money to see WDFW build a reservoir within 15 minutes of Pullman

With luck the State of Jefferson will be born and the problems solved.

As far as the original post

I would say that the governor here in Washington is acting because of the 1 percenters who just refuse to pay attention or take the virus seriously. The number of search and rescues were 10 fold a few weeks ago from non equipped Seattleights roaming the trails under some early spring conditions and were just not prepared whatsoever. Others were thinking it was spring break and congregating at every park and beach during some beautiful spring days not paying any attention to the local mandates. Others were out just looking for something to do while not working. As this virus spreads and people are starting to slowly realize how serious it is they feel pretty foolish about the cavalier attitudes they had a few weeks ago. As a retired health care professional and veteran I would just say that a virus with no cure, no effective treatment that is new to any population is a serious thing. It's no joke and I believe America and the world are starting to wake up to that now. Do your part. It's just not that hard to endure some time at home with your loved ones. You may end up saving someones life.
I regress.

As a hunter who drew a very coveted spring bear tag here in Washington I must say that I received an email today from WDFW and because of not only the state mandates but also the national stay at home mandate until the 1st of May (for now) they are allowing those of us who were drawn for a spring bear tag an opportunity to turn our draws back in for full credit of the points used. We can either turn our tags in or keep them for fall bear season here in Washington. I kind of wish they just allowed us to keep the draw and move it to next season but it is what it is. WDFW as well as the state officials all know that hunting, fishing, camping and all forms of outdoor activity come with a host of real consequences. When we all leave our homes to travel from one Side of the state to the other on a camping trip we stop at local gas stations, supermarkets and so on as we travel. The risk of carrying a potentially deadly virus into a small community from our home neck of the woods to your area is real. Most of us don't fish or hunt in our backyards and have to travel in order to do so (read the posts above about Washington license plates in Montana and Idaho). The restrictions are not without merit and may sound stupid but knowing a bit about health care and disease I can tell you they are not stupid and foolish policies. When there is no cure or effective treatment of a disease, the ONLY real treatment is to stay away from it (IE other humans or forms of transmission). Until there is a cure, vaccine or treatment with real efficacy the only viable and real defense is to not spread it.

Done. Flame at will.

Last edited by a moderator:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back