WA Bear proposal, support needed!

If I lived in WA, I would push for OTC spring bear tags, with either a total spring quota and/or a sub-quota on females.

Would off-set the imagined loss of revenue to the State via the application process by increasing revenue from OTC bear tags. If revenue is the big issue, make it a requirement to buy both a spring tag, and a fall tag rather than use the same tag for both seasons (maybe they already do, but most states don't.)

Sometimes, IMO, GF agencies make easy shit difficult.

And no place in how WDFW manages most of their wildlife sadly. Really is a shame given how good the hunting could be.

Yeah WA is on my radar just because it's a sweet place to be outdoors... I would gladly pay $500 for an OTC spring tag and get to skip the bs

If I lived in WA, I would push for OTC spring bear tags, with either a total spring quota and/or a sub-quota on females.

Would off-set the imagined loss of revenue to the State via the application process by increasing revenue from OTC bear tags. If revenue is the big issue, make it a requirement to buy both a spring tag, and a fall tag rather than use the same tag for both seasons (maybe they already do, but most states don't.)

Sometimes, IMO, GF agencies make easy shit difficult.

Even a very liberal permit quota, coupled with a female sub quota would be a significant improvement.

Damn straight... although between loans/residency/ and 10 years of school it's really not a money making profession.
LOL.. There are two medical doctors in my office who say the same thing. They sure drive nice cars and live in big houses though!

Reactions: Guy
the current wa spring permits dont have very good success rates so turn permits into quotas just my 2 cents

Fyi, this passed. In effect this year, aug 1st opener and 2 bear limit is statewide now, with the exception of 2 or 3 units on the coast that are closed to bear hunting. like whidbey island, camano whatever. units that dont really have bears anyway. and proposed changes to spring seasons will be announced on or before august 7th.Screenshot_20190712-134528_Amazon Kindle-810x740.jpg

Last edited:
It really is too hot. I was second guessing myself after i killed that bear, had to bust my ass to get that meat out in time.

Back