Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Voting?????

"Arrogance speaks well of pathos.. For the arrogant, everyone is pathetic.. For the Arrogant everyone is smaller than themselves.. For the Arrogant, none are worthy. When in truth, arrogance does well to conceal the pathos within. Arrogance does well to hide the lack of courage...."

:cool:

I know it Elkgunner; but, hell some of us have to life sized. We can't all be legends in our own minds. Tell you what though bubba. I'll match each and every one of your brags or boasts with an earned credential or genuine meaningful achievement. ;)

Hey Paws,

Do you ever hunt, or are you like DanR, and never get around to hunting? I think the last thread we had like this, we learned DanR just comes to Hunting Boards to meet wimmin. Are you like that?

I have more than enough wimmin thank you very much. Do you mean do I hunt game? Yes I do. Not often enough. But I do get around to it every once in a while. I love the out of doors and hunting is just another excuse to get outside and build a campfire. Pack your sorry carcass out to Dworshack next October and you can teach me how to hunt grouse. Can't afford the elk tag. :D

It is easy to hunt grouse. Pick up a rock and throw it..... One of the more challenging hunts in Idaho.

Sorry to hear the Elk tag is out of your range.... I would have guessed a retired GS-9 could afford it...

Well a retired GS-9 with a full retirement probably could sinc that would be quite a retirement check. In my case a full retirement as a GS-13 would have amounted to a little less than $67,000.00 per year; however, since I took an early retirement it is considerably less. Just enough to cover living expenses; which is more than enough\, normally.

Of course it's very important to vote, however, it is just as important to find out exactly where those running stand on issues that are important to you.
Now granted gun control for people in Los Angles, New York, Detroit, or Chicago may be an important issue, but to the 26,000,000+ hunters and gun owners it's an extremely important issue. The gov't. has already overstepped it's bounds in deciding for us what type of bullet, or what type of gun, or how many shells our guns can hold.
Yes there is mud slinging, yes there is media manipulation, and yes there is out right lieing by those seeking our nations highest office. Personally, I want a candidate that isn't afraid to actually take a stand on the issues that are important to me. I want a president that will fight to keep our rights and our freedoms intact. An I want a president that will defend our country, not only here in the US, but especially in any country that COULD pose a threat to our way of life at any time.
Iknow that alot of times voting can feel like a crap shoot, but if you vote for the candidate that will protect your freedoms, win or lose, you can at least go to bed knowing that YOU did the right thing.
JMHO

Scott

1 Pointer,
Please do vote. JM2C...determine which social/political issue is an absolute for you or rank them in decending order. I suggest you vote for the candidate who YOU think will net you the most of what you want as long as you can live with whatever might get ignorred or lost.

If for no other reason, your voting might be contagious and voting sends the message that we are paying attention.

There's no such thing as not voting if you're qualified to vote. "Not voting" is an unfocused vote -- a tacit vote that says "whomever the rest of you elect is just fine by me." If you're anti-Bush and stay home on election day -- and the rest of us reelect Bush -- you've voted for Bush by leaving the election to the rest of us.

The same goes for any vote that you cast for a candidate whom you know can't win -- Nadir (intentional misspelling -- your dictionary'll tell you why) or Sharpyton, for example. Only one anti vote works the way that you want it to -- your vote for the other viable candidate, whom your vote can possibly help to elect. Only by helping to elect Choice B can you effectively oppose Choice A.

The real choice is essentially the same as the one I identified over 30 years ago for a besieged Montana special-interest group -- the choice between
• an exerted effort to change the situation, with some real possibility of changing it
and
• the purely private "feel good" satisfaction that can have no effect on the situation as others decide it

One way or another, you vote -- by the ballot or by the sofa.
I got this off a similar thread on another board, from someone I respect and who's been around the block a time or two. This pretty much put my mind in knots, but I will vote. For whom is another story...

And you actually HAVE to vote, as the Presidential election is not the only race. There are many local offices that need voters who care about kids, economy, and other issues that you can influence.

Is what troubles me in my part of Idaho, is we have became a 1-Party county, with no choices in any of the partisan races. And even worse, we have right-wing nuts wanting Gay Marriage, Ten Commandements, and other non-governmental issues to be used as a litmus test to weed out the "moderate" republicans, and return the party to the extreme party of Intolerance.

I realize there is lots of public land in many western states, but I've read most of the game in the US is on private land. I know there is a lot of awesome hunting here on private land, so that liberal conservation of wilderness areas only for use by backpackers is not a #1 issue for me. I figure multiple use is ok.

On the other hand, we had a democratic guy run for governor here last time around and he owned an oil well in the middle of a TX state park that paid him $30,000/day. I didn't like that he was just a rich guy trying to be a politician, but he's probably the one who donated the land for the state park anyway, I don't know. He wanted us all to speak Spanish, he insisted on a debate in Spanish. This is the US, so I'm glad we elected the republican instead of him. The oil is probably put to good use though, people like the looks of an oil well around here too (haha). It symbolizes $30,000/day, every day, for years now. I wouldn't mind one in my back yard. I could move to make room for it. haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back