Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

vortex or leupold cheap binos?

If he has no name binos currently he probably wouldn't have a brand preference. I have non HD diamondbacks currently and they do fine but are a little rough at last light. I bought my wife some leuepold Mckenzie bx-1 (non hd) a couple years ago and they are hands down better than my non HD diamondbacks. With the Alpines being a step above the Mckenzies and the HD rating I'd personally go with those.

If he has no name binos currently he probably wouldn't have a brand preference. I have non HD diamondbacks currently and they do fine but are a little rough at last light. I bought my wife some leuepold Mckenzie bx-1 (non hd) a couple years ago and they are hands down better than my non HD diamondbacks. With the Alpines being a step above the Mckenzies and the HD rating I'd personally go with those.
thanks.

If you’re “giving me a gift”, what other reason would it be for?

It is for a “land owner gift” to tell him “thanks for letting me have access to your property.”

The correct answer would be to find out what brand he has a preference for.

I have had nothing but bad luck with any vortex product I’ve tried. If his experience has been the same but he’s a huge fan of Burris, then get him Burris binos. Or even Simmons if that’s the guys preference.

Find out what his personal brand loyalty lies with.

The reputation of vortex would have me off that brand in a heart beat.

My remaining warranty replacement scope will likely go to my semi mechanic since he’s a huge vortex advocate.

Pretty bold of you to assume you won’t want to hunt with me anyway since you’ve never interacted here with me at all. Not have you even remotely attempted to get to know who I really am.

I don’t fall for or following the marketing. I see and observe what works for others and myself and go with it. I’m not upgrading everything every season just because that’s what the marketing company is pushing as latest and greatest.

Enjoy your corner of the woods. I’ll go enjoy mine.
With an ignorant comment like "I wouldn't invite you back if you gifted me Vortex Binos" what more do I need to know? That's 1. extremely shallow of you to say, and 2. it's a gift... Are you that ungrateful? Not giving off a "get to know me first" vibe. Just straight up disrespectful. Lots of people worth getting to know, but responses like that really kill any interest in getting to know you.

I have 2 sets of binos, 2 scopes, and a spotting scope from Vortex and have never sent anything in for warranty. I've had the scopes for 5 years, binos for 3, and spotter for 2.

Every brand has some issues. Google Leupold scope tracking issues. Traditionally, this forum hates Vortex. There's other forums that love Vortex.

Leupold over Vortex purely for the name recognition though if his binos are that bad I think either will work. I've never looked through either of these newer generations of binos. The Cabelas Intensity Gen 2 are made by Meopta (I believe they are the Meopta Optika line) which are good optics. I have Athlon Cronus binos (though out of the your price range) for my truck and they beat the hell out of the older Diamondback binos but I think the newer generations may be better optically than the older ones.

With an ignorant comment like "I wouldn't invite you back if you gifted me Vortex Binos" what more do I need to know? That's 1. extremely shallow of you to say, and 2. it's a gift... Are you that ungrateful? Not giving off a "get to know me first" vibe. Just straight up disrespectful. Lots of people worth getting to know, but responses like that really kill any interest in getting to know you.

I have 2 sets of binos, 2 scopes, and a spotting scope from Vortex and have never sent anything in for warranty. I've had the scopes for 5 years, binos for 3, and spotter for 2.

Every brand has some issues. Google Leupold scope tracking issues. Traditionally, this forum hates Vortex. There's other forums that love Vortex.
Which forums love Vortex?
Go with the Leupolds.
Have had Leupold scopes on my rifles for 35 years and no issues at all.

Cheap gifts are just that, cheap. Give something worth while.

Yeah the hate for Vortex is wild. I like my Diamondback's. I am ordering another pair and was trying to decide between the very 2 you proposed. I got an email this morning for a price drop to $150 for the Vortex so will probably get those. I like them and have been using them happily for 4 or so years I would guess.

Which forums love Vortex?
Go with the Leupolds.
Have had Leupold scopes on my rifles for 35 years and no issues at all.

Cheap gifts are just that, cheap. Give something worth while.
Rokslide members aren't anti Vortex like most people here. General consensus seems to be positive over there.

If Vortex was actually as "cheap" as you guys think they are, hunters like Remi Warren and Steve Rinella wouldn't waste their time with them. ANY optics company would be happy to partner with either of those 2 guys. Yet they choose to partner with Vortex.

I get it, it's not the brand you use, but don't sh!t on it just because you don't use them.

Before a conflict breaks out on here: How’s about to gersh-danging Nikons already?

Rokslide members aren't anti Vortex like most people here. General consensus seems to be positive over there.

If Vortex was actually as "cheap" as you guys think they are, hunters like Remi Warren and Steve Rinella wouldn't waste their time with them. ANY optics company would be happy to partner with either of those 2 guys. Yet they choose to partner with Vortex.

I get it, it's not the brand you use, but don't sh!t on it just because you don't use them.
They get it free dude!! FREE!

I have had exactly 3 pieces from Votrex. All 3 went back for repairs right out of the box.

Maybe Remi and Rinella get their Votex out of the special pile.

I have had exactly 3 pieces from Votrex. All 3 went back for repairs right out of the box.

They almost exclusively use the Razor line too.

Maybe you're just really unlucky? My stuff has been flawless. I don't personally know anyone who has had an issue with any vortex product.

Honestly, I would spend a bit more. Sounds like your access and camping spot was worth more than $200 to me. I wouldn't be insulted if you gave me a cheap POS pair of binos, but I'd just give them to my kid.

Back