Vikings Packers

The vikings are down to their 3rd string QB. If GB dont win, they will be hanging their heads very low.

Think the vikes are gonna struggle 2nd half without Ponder........but this Shiner Bock is tasting mighty fine right now.

The better team won. Viking media will talk about injuries to Harvin and Ponder. Fact is, injuries are part of the NFL. If you are a good team, you have enough depth to overcome injuries. If you don't have enough depth, you don't overcome injuries and you are not as good as the team that beat you.

Classic Viking defense to commit two third-down penalties that gave GB first downs after stopping them on third down. Lining up offside and then twelve men on the field. The Pop Warner team I coached didn't commit those kind of penalties. Those two penalties added 11 points to the GB column. Another reason the better team won.

Doesn't mean I stopped hooting and yelling for the Vikings. Doesn't mean I will ever stop bleeding purple. Just a function of who was the better team.

SKKKKOOOOOOOL Vikings!

“@NOTSportsCenter: #Vikings GM Rick Spielman on the news that #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin needs hip surgery: "Thanks for all the draft picks suckers!!! hahahaha"”

“@NOTSportsCenter: #Vikings GM Rick Spielman on the news that #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin needs hip surgery: "Thanks for all the draft picks suckers!!! hahahaha"”

As a Viking's fan, you can't help but breath a sigh of relief that he is now someone else's problem. He is an amazing player when he is healthy and as a football fan, you have to hope that he comes back in full form.

History has shown, the only thing more prone to injury than his body, is his ego. Injuries to either do not result in much productivity out of this amazing athlete.

I do think the Vikings made out like a bandit to get those draft picks for a guy who made it clear he planned to hold out until he got the big money, had so many injury issues, and was known to have some corrosion in the locker room. And, even if he got the big money, he made it very clear that he did not want to be there.

Not happy to see him injured, but very happy the Vikings got what they did when trading him this spring.

Back