Video of First Elk Hunt

mr_steve

We just finished editing our Montana archery elk hunt from this fall and thought you guys might enjoy seeing it. We first ran this by Big Fin and got the approval. I think a lot of you will be able to relate to the video. It was our first time ever elk hunting and we had an awesome experience. Shayne (Yotkilr) is the one who was the hunter. We learned a lot on this trip and are definitely now addicted for life on elk hunting. I would encourage anyone thinking of trying it to just go out and do it. Hope you enjoy, and we are always open to suggestions on how to make our videos better as we are trying to improve equipment and techniques every year. Wireless mic is a must for this upcoming season. Also elk hunting tips in general are appreciated as we realize there is a lot to learn especially with learning their language. Thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hImxCkwGlmk

Last edited:
Nicely done, guys. Talk about an authentic video that gives a clear picture of everything that went into your hunt. I can really appreciate a video that is about a couple of buddies burning vacation time and as little cash as possible to chase their dream of elk in the high country. Congrats on a great first bull and thanks for sharing.
-Cody

Last edited:
I really enjoyed your video. It makes me that much more committed to having that payoff at the end of an Elk hunt. I'm 0-2 but it will happen…….eventually.

Good stuff! Paints an accurate picture for guys that want to experience elk hunting on public land. It's as much the adventure as it is the kill. Well done video and congrats!

Well done guys! As a first time elk hunter from the Midwest last year I appreciate your efforts and the learning curve. We didn't score but we learned a LOT, as did you I'm sure. Keep up the good work. Did you go back to WY for antelope again in 2013?

That was pretty sweet. It's nice to see a self produced hunt and film on public land. Like MtNWest stated. Great representation of what a DIY hunt in MT is like. I did like what you did with the trailer.

Very cool video. We also changed our goose trailer into a "sleeper." It saves a lot of money on lodging!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We definitely had some beginner's luck to get one on our first hunt. Can't wait to go back this September. Hopefully can put together an even better video next year.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Well done guys! As a first time elk hunter from the Midwest last year I appreciate your efforts and the learning curve. We didn't score but we learned a LOT, as did you I'm sure. Keep up the good work. Did you go back to WY for antelope again in 2013?

Yeah Shayne, his Grandpa, and Father hunted unit 27 this year and I filmed. Hoping to edit it together soon. We will definitely post it when I finish it. It is not as in depth or long as the elk hunt but should be fairly good. We also had a short KS deer hunt from last fall. Our goal is to have 7 hunts filmed this year (Bear, turkey, whitetail, elk, lope, muley, coyote)! We will see if we can get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back