PEAX Equipment

Vension ribs

We like ribs as well. When butchering the entire deer I make chops and short ribs. Now usually take the back straps and cut the ribs into sections. Never used a pressure cooker but these look deeeeelicious! Will definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

I cannot recommend venison ribs enough to you guys. I'm going to guess Elk is just as good, if not better. In my family, it trumps backstraps. I use the 3-2-1 method for smoking them, but I have a little secret. The first step, after trimming the fat, is to throw into a pressure cooker. After numerous attempts I think I have the timing perfect. Once the weight starts to jiggle, pull it off the heat. The pressure cooker melts most of the remaining fat and helps to tenderize the meat. I used to do it longer but it really shrinks the meat by pulling too much of the fat out. Use your favorite rub and don't forget to hit it with a barbecue sauce and apple cider vinegar before you wrap it in butcher paper for part "2" of the 3-2-1 method.

View attachment 175785
Moose Brisket is equally yummy! I’m with you on ribs. Venison ribs are very tasty.

Attachments

• B77A1E27-171F-4AC0-9563-4CB47ECE36EB.jpeg
    B77A1E27-171F-4AC0-9563-4CB47ECE36EB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Back