Vehicular Killing !

cjcj

I seem to have a penchant for killing critters with my vehicles, so i thought i would share. dozens of doves...about 12-15 quail....2-3 housecats ...lots of rabbits....4 coyotes... and 1 javelina/with my honda goldwing, and some snakes, at least 5 rattlers, this is over 35 years of driving. anyone else out there have this problem?

When I was driving truck, every time I went thru Wisconsin, I would hit a Turkey. Every time. That is no exageration. If I went into Wisconsin a turkey died. Never killed one with a gun, but plenty with a Freightliner. Other than that 1 groundhog, and a squirrel, thats with 35 years of driving, and several million miles.

Whiskers you just reminded me [groundhog] i killed on up in utah 3 years ago going up a gravel road going to the top of brian head, but i think it is called a marmaset. did you ever take home one of those turkeys?

Cj good topic.

lets see.

big game a few elk with truck and trailer
a deer.

a few coyotes a porcupine lots of p-dogs ringtail cat racoon lots of snakes lots of doves and quail a few pheasants 1 crow(raven)almost a mountain lion and almost a few bobcats.

with a bass boat. a bunch of ducks and 3 geese 1 racoon

never hit a dog or cat. wife has killed a few

in a airplane(alaskan airlines I believe) 2 flocks of ducks(thats why I quit flying)
Delw

Man Delw thats pretty good! had to laugh my ass of about the raccoon with the bass boat, how did that happen?

I had a hot little 65 falcon when I was a teenager., Flying over antelope hill between Mayer and Cleater I hit a jack rabbit at about 65 mph. Caught him right on the corner of the right front fender. Pushed the fender back into the door and jammed the door. Looked more like I hit a deer than a jack. Fuggered my car up real good.

All I remember is a German Shepherd and a few rabbits.

I have to laugh at the way cottontails will run to get out of the way, make it to safety with room to spare, then get scared and run back in front of the car again and get nailed. Rabbits are the very definition of "mind numbing fear."
eek.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-03-2003 13:23: Message edited by: dgibson ]</font>

Del's post reminded me, I hit a flock of an Amishmans ducks once. Ol Troy and I were headed back to camp, I was going a little faster than was prudent, came around a corner and there was about 8-10 ducks coming across the road. The amishman was herding em like goats. Feathers flew, ducks squawked, and the tires went bump, bump. I mashed the gas and kept on going. Last thing I seen in my mirror was an Amishmen shaking his fist at me.

Cj

Lets just say it was a big big lake and I didnt feel like turning to avoid it LOL

It was bartlett lake north of yellow cliffs
Delw

Whiskers i saw some amish dudes riding in a horse and buggy [about 25 yrs, ago] near youngstown ohio, do they still travel like that back there?

Well lets see--- 2 german shorthairs, 1 doe whitetail,several hundred possums "we used to go possum huntin a lot" hate'm, 5 or six coons,lots of little shit birds,several rabbits, and 2 house cats... i about rolled my Dodge tryin to miss the first shorthair, he was on a bridge, it was rainin, i tried to shut'er down but went into a skid at 75mph. i aimed dead center and hoped i wouldnt get him with a tire, i stopped and thought he was dead but he started movin around, so i loaded him up and headed to the vet. It just knocked him goofy for about 10 min. put a helluva knot on his head but he's alive today!!! that was in 1997!!! 7.21

My buddy whacked a turkey that flew across the road, going full bore in his new suburban. Right square in the windshield.

Took it to the auto glass joint and they told him ... "We got your windshield replaced, but we couldn't get that brown stain out of your seat"

Just with this truck alone, I have hit two birds of prey, countless little birds, I great big cow, dog, two cats and countless small rodents...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back