PEAX Equipment

Vegetable Eaters

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
So… cervids definitely will eat meat. I wonder if there are actually purely vegetarian game animals.

Follow up question; what about the racoon, aka trash panda, that's been messing around my garbage bin? My two kids aren't big on eating veggies much to my chagrin, as a self-confessed veggie lover. This leads to a considerable amount of veggies going in the trash (I know, I should compost) and therefore feeding said racoons.

What would their VD index be and should I start hunting/eating them?
I don't know and Yes

I shot a pheasant once that had a baby lizard in his craw. Then once while duck hunting I ran into a trapper that told me he was doing me a favor by trapping beaver because they ate baby ducks. I was a little skeptical of that but I didn't argue the point and probably shouldn't be talking about beavers on the VD index anyway

On a serious note about bears... Georgia DNR says Georgia's southern black bear population (we have three distinct bear populations that are isolated from each other) has a diet comprised of 95ish% plant/vegetable matter.

Maybe they are the true champions of the VD index

On a serious note about bears... Georgia DNR says Georgia's southern black bear population (we have three distinct bear populations that are isolated from each other) has a diet comprised of 95ish% plant/vegetable matter.

Maybe they are the true champions of the VD index
If they eat one frog they’re screwed though.

Back