Vasectomy vs Sheep Tag

I had a very attractive, young med student in with my doc. That was, uh, awkward.

How you walkin there, @Gellar?
I’m fine right now. I got up off the couch a little bit ago to refresh the frozen peas and my 2 year old blurted out like they only can “beans, I want those!” No, Probly not these ones buddy! 😂

I’m fine right now. I got up off the couch a little bit ago to refresh the frozen peas and my 2 year old blurted out like they only can “beans, I want those!” No, Probly not these ones buddy! 😂

it ain’t that bad. Day 4-5 were the worst for me for some reason.

I can tell you after mine, my right nut was attached directly to my right eye. Worst pain was when he numbed the cord. Needle in that thing hunt like heck.

I can tell you after mine, my right nut was attached directly to my right eye. Worst pain was when he numbed the cord. Needle in that thing hunt like heck.
I just got done tellin my buddy that was the worst part. The doctor warned me I would feel the prick and then pain. I felt the prick from the needle and nothing for 2-3 seconds and then it felt like, as my buddy put it “midgets tap dancing on your junk”

I just got done tellin my buddy that was the worst part. The doctor warned me I would feel the prick and then pain. I felt the prick from the needle and nothing for 2-3 seconds and then it felt like, as my buddy put it “midgets tap dancing on your junk”
Been watching along as I am scheduling mine, I fell out of my chair laughing at your post.

After watching the other posts I will definitely be careful and go back to get the testing done afterwards to make sure I’m shooting blanks.

Wha

What a stud
Haha. If you think the first one is uncomfortable and invasive, the second one was far more involved and has a longer recovery. In fact, it was a full blown surgery where they put you to sleep (which wasn't a bad thing, I guess). The second dr., from the same practice, basically said (in a not so direct way) that the first dr. Didn't do a good job. I should have been concerned when I found out the first dr. Was leaving the practice that month and moving to Wyoming (from MA). In case anyone is getting this procedure in the Jackson Hole area, consider yourself warned.

OK all these stories about failed vasectomies and I didn’t even know that was a thing. What’s a more sure fire approach? Vasectomy AND tubes tied? I have no ambition to sheep hunt but I do want to hunt moose some day and do NOT want an unanticipated 4th kid scuttling those plans.
I think it’s a pretty sure thing if you do what the dr says. He made it clear to use another form of contraceptive until you have a sample tested. It can take up to 6 months to clear what is left in your tubes.

Sheep don't care about vasectomies....If your that kind of guy that is????

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :oops:

Two bighorn tags and one vasectomy here. Winning!
Two ram tags? IF so that's a perfect example of why we need HB 202 that would make bighorn rams, bull moose, and either sex mountain goats ONCE in a LIFETIME. If you did draw two ram tags, good for you but we need to give more folks a chance at drawing one of these special tags here in Montana. No it WILL NOT greatly increase anyones odds of being drawn but it will stop the story ever year of folks drawing their second or third ram tag for example. Hear about this every year.
As an example I have two friends who have drawn two mountain goat permits. I know another fellow who drew a bighorn ram tag for Rock Creek and shot a 190 plus sheep. He waited the 7 years required and the VERY FIRST YEAR he could apply again, he drew a Petty Creek ram tag and shot another beautiful ram. I know a fellow who drew and has shot 3 rams in Montana with two of them making B&C here in Montana. He has also drawn 2 ewe tags. Need to give more folks at least a chance at drawing one of these.
I've personally applied for 42 years in a row for moose and sheep and have NEVER been drawn. I would like to have a at least a chance at getting drawn some day, same thing for my son, your son, or your family.

David

Had a good buddy of mine that got the snip last year. Long story but something went wrong, infections, multiple surgeries and yada, yada, yada he has one less nut today. Has made me a little nervous about getting my own snip...

Two ram tags? IF so that's a perfect example of why we need HB 202 that would make bighorn rams, bull moose, and either sex mountain goats ONCE in a LIFETIME. If you did draw two ram tags, good for you but we need to give more folks a chance at drawing one of these special tags here in Montana. No it WILL NOT greatly increase anyones odds of being drawn but it will stop the story ever year of folks drawing their second or third ram tag for example. Hear about this every year.
As an example I have two friends who have drawn two mountain goat permits. I know another fellow who drew a bighorn ram tag for Rock Creek and shot a 190 plus sheep. He waited the 7 years required and the VERY FIRST YEAR he could apply again, he drew a Petty Creek ram tag and shot another beautiful ram. I know a fellow who drew and has shot 3 rams in Montana with two of them making B&C here in Montana. He has also drawn 2 ewe tags. Need to give more folks at least a chance at drawing one of these.

David
Idaho and Montana sheep tag. Don't ask me about my 2 Montana mountain goat tags though.😉

I had to have a testicle removed when I was 20. I got sick the very day I went in for the surgery. I was running about a 102 degree temperature and was miserable. I'm in the room getting prepped for surgery which I knew would entail some shaving in that sensitive area. I had an attractive nurse that came in and gave me a shot and checked my vitals and such. She left when she was finished and I thought it would be her coming back in for the shaving part. I would have preferred her over a male nurse well because I didn't want another man grabbing my junk but Nooooooooo, in comes a male nurse to do the deed! I had no idea how much they would have to shave but me thinks this was WAY overboard!! I'm pretty hairy with a hairy chest and legs. Well this guy shaves me all the way across my front about mid-chest all the way down to my knees! Yes, my knees. He shaves my legs, my stuff, my chest and stomach and then he also makes me spread my legs and pull my legs up so that he can get the back portion of my legs and my ass! I'm pretty fair skinned and my hair is brown so when it was all said and done I looked like a large Oreo Cookie! Hair to about my sternum and then bald and white from there down to my knees, and then hairy the rest of the way. Wait it gets better. I've been in the hospital getting prepped and everything for about 3 hours now. I've been given my "cocktail" of drugs that they give you prior to surgery to relax you and it makes you pretty loopy and I've been shaved and humiliated and now I look like an Oreo Cookie.

The doctor finally gets the report that I've got a pretty bad fever. He doesn't like the sound of that and is afraid to put me to sleep for the procedure. He comes in and talks to me and says that if I go home I'm going to have to pay for a full days stay in the hospital, but he tells me he can do it LOCALLY by giving me shots of Novocain in the sensitive area. I felt like crap and the last thing I wanted to do was wait a few days until I felt better, pay for days stay in the hospital, and then have to come back in to finish the job. I said lets do it.

I get strapped down and I mean strapped down on the operating table with bands across my legs in a couple locations and across my chest. My left arm was strapped down to my side so I could not move it. My right are was mostly free. A nurse stayed by my right side and once in a while would hold my hand for emotional support. Doc puts up this sheet from my chest that angles up over my head a couple feet so I cannot see what is going on. He starts giving me shots which don't feel so great until I get numbed up. Then he starts cutting. He's cutting on the right side of my Smetzick (legal term for your junk). It does not hurt but I can feel the down pressure as he is cutting and I can feel my skin/flesh pull apart. The testicle is up along the pelvic bone on my right side.

As the doctor is doing his thing I tell him, "Hey I'm paying good money for this, don't I get to watch?" So a nurse gets this overhead mirror in place so I can see what's going on. The one nurse is holding my hand at this time and the doctor is going along doing his thing. I tell the Doc that it's starting to hurt and I am feeling pain. He thinks in his head that just because I am watching it now, it's in my head that it hurts. Wrong, it fricking is starting to hurt! The nurse is holding my right hand at this point. The Doc cuts through a blood vein or something and he has to use his little shocker gizmo to zap the vein and stop the bleeding. I about went through the roof it hurt so bad. I screamed and the nurse screamed at about the same time because I put a death grip on her hand! I told the Doc, "Either you give me some more shots to deaden it or I'm going to get up off of this table! I told you it hurt and it's not because I can see it and it's all in my head." He gave me some more shots and finished up his project.

I finally make it back to my room where I will be spending the night. This is no exaggeration, and about every hour on the hour I would have a nurse come into my room and they would check my temperature and see how I was doing. Remember the 102 degree temp from earlier. EACH and EVERY time it would be a different nurse! True story from when I got to my room until I was released from the hospital the next day I had a different nurse come and check on me. Each and Every time it also was a different FEMALE nurse. I never saw a male nurse, ever! I would bet almost anything that I was quite the sight to see. Hey go check this guy out, he looks comical. He's hairy from the top of his chest to his sternum, then is completely bald from there to just above his knees. Each and every time the NURSE would also have to have a peek at my incision to make sure it looked okay.

Fast forward several years and I go in to have a vasectomy done. I told the lady at the front desk when I was booking my appointment that I had to have a testicle removed when I was 20. I told her I should get a half off discount or something shouldn't I ??? She laughed but did go and ask and they did give me some amount off of the procedure expense. Least they could do after all of this!

Last edited:
I had to have a testicle removed when I was 20. I got sick the very day I went in for the surgery. I was running about a 102 degree temperature and was miserable. I'm in the room getting prepped for surgery which I knew would entail some shaving in that sensitive area. I had an attractive nurse that came in and gave me a shot and checked my vitals and such. She left when she was finished and I thought it would be her coming back in for the shaving part. I would have preferred her over a male nurse well because I didn't want another man grabbing my junk but Nooooooooo, in comes a male nurse to do the deed! I had no idea how much they would have to shave but me thinks this was WAY overboard!! I'm pretty hairy with a hairy chest and legs. Well this guy shaves me all the way across my front about mid-chest all the way down to my knees! Yes, my knees. He shaves my legs, my stuff, my chest and stomach and then he also makes me spread my legs and pull my legs up so that he can get the back portion of my legs and my ass! I'm pretty fair skinned and my hair is brown so when it was all said and done I looked like a large Oreo Cookie! Hair to about my sternum and then bald and white from there down to my knees, and then hairy the rest of the way. Wait it gets better. I've been in the hospital getting prepped and everything for about 3 hours now. I've been given my "cocktail" of drugs that they give you prior to surgery to relax you and it makes you pretty loopy and I've been shaved and humiliated and now I look like an Oreo Cookie.

The doctor finally gets the report that I've got a pretty bad fever. He doesn't like the sound of that and is afraid to put me to sleep for the procedure. He comes in and talks to me and says that if I go home I'm going to have to pay for a full days stay in the hospital, but he tells me he can do it LOCALLY by giving me shots of Novocain in the sensitive area. I felt like crap and the last thing I wanted to do was wait a few days until I felt better, pay for days stay in the hospital, and then have to come back in to finish the job. I said lets do it.

I get strapped down and I mean strapped down on the operating table with bands across my legs in a couple locations and across my chest. My left arm was strapped down to my side so I could not move it. My right are was mostly free. A nurse stayed by my right side and once in a while would hold my hand for emotional support. Doc puts up this sheet from my chest that angles up over my head a couple feet so I cannot see what is going on. He starts giving me shots which don't feel so great until I get numbed up. Then he starts cutting. He's cutting on the right side of my Smetzick (legal term for your junk). It does not hurt but I can feel the down pressure as he is cutting and I can feel my skin/flesh pull apart. The testicle is up along the pelvic bone on my right side.

As the doctor is doing his thing I tell him, "Hey I'm paying good money for this, don't I get to watch?" So a nurse gets this overhead mirror in place so I can see what's going on. The one nurse is holding my hand at this time and the doctor is going along doing his thing. I tell the Doc that it's starting to hurt and I am feeling pain. He thinks in his head that just because I am watching it now, it's in my head that it hurts. Wrong, it fricking is starting to hurt! The nurse is holding my right hand at this point. The Doc cuts through a blood vein or something and he has to use his little shocker gizmo to zap the vein and stop the bleeding. I about went through the roof it hurt so bad. I screamed and the nurse screamed at about the same time because I put a death grip on her hand! I told the Doc, "Either you give me some more shots to deaden it or I'm going to get up off of this table! I told you it hurt and it's not because I can see it and it's all in my head." He gave me some more shots and finished up his project.

I finally make it back to my room where I will be spending the night. This is no exaggeration, and about every hour on the hour I would have a nurse come into my room and they would check my temperature and see how I was doing. Remember the 102 degree temp from earlier. EACH and EVERY time it would be a different nurse! True story from when I got to my room until I was released from the hospital the next day I had a different nurse come and check on me. Each and Every time it also was a different FEMALE nurse. I never saw a male nurse, ever! I would bet almost anything that I was quite the sight to see. Hey go check this guy out, he looks comical. He's hairy from the top of his chest to his sternum, then is completely bald from there to just above his knees. Each and every time the NURSE would also have to have a peek at my incision to make sure it looked okay.

Fast forward several years and I go in to have a vasectomy done. I told the lady at the front desk when I was booking my appointment that I had to have a testicle removed when I was 20. I told her I should get a half off discount or something shouldn't I ??? She laughed but did go and ask and they did give me some amount off of the procedure expense. Least they could do after all of this!
Jeezeus I was pain free, doing good until I started laughing reading this. For the record, they had a mirror in the room and I tried to look but couldn’t see anything other then the Drs hands and the ends of his tools.

Had mine done on a Friday afternoon, laid around Saturday and cut and split a load on wood on Sunday.
Also, didn’t tell the wife at the time I’d had it done until Saturday afternoon.

If you gave up a testicle why haven'y you drawn a sheep tag? Wasn't that the deal?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back