Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Valier, Montana

Don’t hear Rudyard in this forum very often. I grew up there. Have a farm 23 miles north.
Oh cool. My wife and I lived there 1999-2001. She was a teacher at the (then) Blue Sky school, I was working for a company based in Helena. Loved the people up there, and the country was fun to explore.

Last edited:
Reactions: JEL
I bet a shitload of people will be moving to Valier. mtmuley
Just seen the convoy heading north through Helena on the interstate! Nothing but Californians, and assorted other non-desirables for miles and miles. Lead RV had a sign on it that said “Valier, MT or bust”. Second truck was a MNT OPS delivery truck. Place is done for.

Well Praise God!
Finally accepted an offer on my place in Idaho looking at an April 1st closing. Also bonus points the buyer is an idahoan that wanted to move closer to the kids from his place in Ashton so my neighbors are very happy about that. (They were fearful some Californian would buy the property).

Renting in conrad at the moment cause the other half started her job In valier the last week of october and that was the only thing available. I have been living in both states since then between work obligations. Housing choices on the market are few in the area atleast from the standpoint of what we would be looking for so that journey will start now. Possibly build if I can find the right land who knows.
I have lived in a lot of states over the years and never been sad when leaving one until now. I truly loved southeast Idaho, but I expect montana to be just as good. Minus the great falls mcdonalds. Haha

Well Praise God!
Finally accepted an offer on my place in Idaho looking at an April 1st closing. Also bonus points the buyer is an idahoan that wanted to move closer to the kids from his place in Ashton so my neighbors are very happy about that. (They were fearful some Californian would buy the property).

Renting in conrad at the moment cause the other half started her job In valier the last week of october and that was the only thing available. I have been living in both states since then between work obligations. Housing choices on the market are few in the area atleast from the standpoint of what we would be looking for so that journey will start now. Possibly build if I can find the right land who knows.
I have lived in a lot of states over the years and never been sad when leaving one until now. I truly loved southeast Idaho, but I expect montana to be just as good. Minus the great falls mcdonalds. Haha
Shelby is a good town. Don't know your situation but I would choose it over Conrad. I'm biased. A lot of family in Shelby. mtmuley

I've explored the area alot over the last couple months. Choteau and Shelby are nice. Conrad is good so far, people are nice and I enjoy the church I go to, but we rather not live in town anywhere outside one of them is preferred. The closer to valier the better. She has a company vehicle but the shorter the commute the better obviously.

If you ever want to go fish Lake Francis let me know, I might make a trip over there this July, never fished it, but wanting to try walleye fishing there and the lake along the Milk west of Havre. Best of luck on your move.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back