Valier, Montana

Last time I tagged along on a bird hunting safari to the Valier area we were denied access to several properties that we typically were allowed on because the landowner was too concerned about the # of griz they have, and our safety. We stayed in a camp trailer that we leave at another farm, near their silos, and the entire area around the silos was filled with griz crap. They were able to tear into the metal silos to access the grain. All that being said, sometimes the bird hunting ain't too bad.

Last time I tagged along on a bird hunting safari to the Valier area we were denied access to several properties that we typically were allowed on because the landowner was too concerned about the # of griz they have, and our safety. We stayed in a camp trailer that we leave at another farm, near their silos, and the entire area around the silos was filled with griz crap. They were able to tear into the metal silos to access the grain. All that being said, sometimes the bird hunting ain't too bad.
What kind of birds?

Lake Francis has fish. It's been over 15 years since I've fished it but I know there are perch, walleye, and northerns in it. Same goes for Tiber/Lake Elwell. Ice fishing on those is pretty popular. The wind is relentless over there especially in the winter. It can "chinook" off on random 50 degree days. Valier itself has little to offer outside of a baitshop/gas station. Everyone there will travel to Great Falls for groceries/supplies.

Lots of cropland. That area of the state has more private ground than the rest of the state. Coulees/draws can have sharpies, huns, and pheasants. No joke about potential for bumping into a griz. Every year we hear of some dude shooting one or getting chewed on.

I like it up there although I spend more time North of Shelby. I have a lot of family in that country. Why Valier? Also the home if Swank Construction. mtmuley

1,000-foot high limestone walls in Blackleaf Canyon with bolted sport routes on them if rock climbing is your thing. Spent quite a bit of time around there when we lived in Rudyard.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back