va turkey

I hope so he's been giving me a lot of trouble but I've got him just about figured out I think. There's so many hens if I don't get him right off the roost I won't get him. Hopefully the hens will be on the nest soon. I think some are, its probably the young ones that aren't nesting messing all of us up.

WB congratulations on a nice bird with the bow.

Tomorrow afternoon heading to Lousia to hunt Thursday and Friday and maybe Saturday. Saturday will depend on the rain. I riding the bike down so my son can make delivery and pick ups with the van.

very nice windedbowhunter. You gotta love those Avian X dekes. . .a little expensive, but, well worth every penny. . .and a little cumbersome to pack if they are blown up. I have called in 2 gobblers so far and neither one has been for me! time is running out on me for sure. I thought I had a sure thing Sunday morning and then 2 jakes showed up and ruined my planned party! not alot beats the spring mornings in the woods thats for sure.

WB I like them Decoys. I think couple of the old Toms would have fallen in love if I had one of the hens. LOL
Thursday morning a big tom came in did not like the her decoy, Thursday afternoon. Had a nice tom working to me and out of no where another tom came running by me with a feet straight out to the decoy set up , missed the shot and he keep getting it. This morning set on on one side of the field and at 8:30 moved to the other side. About 9:30 decided to move back and as I was crawling out the under the cedar I see 2 fans about 70 yards up the field. They wanted to go to my decoy set up on the other side of the field but my soft purring kept them interested. After about 20 minutes one was about 35 yards silhouetted on a mall rise and he stuck his neck out and down he went. 19 pounds , 1.5" spur on one side 1" on the other and 10" beard. I have gain eminence confidence in my ability to call this year. So that's a good thing. One friend told me I need a scope on my shotgun. I have a very hard time shooting with glasses. My worst season ever shooting.

DaveHawk - thank you!

RUT JUNKEY - I am sold on the Axian-X dekes! I used another decoy for 4 days and could get them to come into range. The very day I set the Axian's out I took a bird! 3 consecutive days, same dekes, 3 birds now in the freezer!

I guess you get what you pay for!

DO you have anymore time left in your season?

DaveHawk - Awesome bird, great story, congrats! Thank you for sharing!

Skimerhorn - it should be warm for you. I hope you put one down!

Congrats WB!! and with a bow to boot!
I knew you'd come through DH!!! Way to stick to it.

Skimer, that leaves you..........

For you Va hunters. Weather is hot. Yesterday the birds did not gobble in the afternoon and this morning not one gobble. I sure hope we get a cool spell for Saturday, if we do I plan on hunting till I put another bird down or Dark which ever comes 1st. Good Luck.

BTW Va ticks and chiggers are out in force ! Plus I had to break out the Thurma cell for the 1st time this year.

Congrats WB!! and with a bow to boot!
I knew you'd come through DH!!! Way to stick to it.

Skimer, that leaves you..........

Festus, thank you!

Congrats to you DaveHawk!

skimerhorn - No pressure, just make the best of the hunt! You have hunter hard this spring, so its not for lack of effort! Good luck!

Well spring turkey is over now, all I have to show for it is three unused tags. Oh well, I hunted every chance I could and heard birds all but the last day. I sat through a nice storm on sat morning and not even a gobble. But it wasn't bad, ill use any excuse to get in the woods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back