Utah

DAVIDKERR

I may have an opportunity in the next year or 3 to hunt utah elk or mule deer. I have ordered utah regs.what else do i need to be aware of starting off this process?@this pt i dont even no what area of utah that we may be headed for. My cousin said something about vouchers.we usually hunt public land.he has a friend... Go cyclones

Next thing is find out where you will be hunting. Then find out what you will be hunting. Once you have that figured out you can start doing the prep work for that particular area/species.

Good luck

be aware,the utah game takes several years to pull a good tag,{exept general deer},utah due date for points just passed yesterday for 2014,

let us know where/when/what you plan on hunting. I will assist where possible. There are a few guys from utah on here that can also chime in

If he's talking about vouchers, I assume is either a depredation or CWMU tag. If that's the case, then it opens up a lot more dates as those are generally confined to the regular season dates. Other than that, much more information is needed to be able to offer you any advice.

^ what he said. BTW, Colorado has better hunting. Just ask Oak and Dink.

If you do hunt public, there are some decent general hunts for deer, however the general elk tags are not likely very good. With a little planning there are decent elk units that you could draw in 3 or so years, and overlap with general(nearly 100%) deer units.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back