Utah Rumor Mill.......

IdahoBugler

There is a rumor flying around that someone with the name that rhymes with hump Poosie hump shot himself a deer already. Congrats brother.....

cant have enough spikes on the wall.

j/k congrats poosie!

A-con---I like the way you think----

Moosie wastes no time again---it's his year to get things done in the shortest amount of time possible----grizz in Alaska, Idaho deer and now Utah deer he's going for the least amount of time to bag all the big game he can---he hunts with a stop watch-------congrats Moosie on the Utah muley---chris

I'm still in Utah......

he hunts with a stop watch

You forgot about my Idaho Spring bear in a day :p

YAh, it seems I'm on a Timed hunt this year for Everything. I did have 9 days for T-bones Sheep hunt and going back to AK for 8 days for Kodiak deer shouldn't be rushed.....

It was a pretty fun hunt. Getting together with Browtine is always Kick "A". him and me share the same Warped sense of humor I guess !!! Friday I pulled into he drive here and Browtine was jsut pulling in too. I hopped into his Ride and we headed to the Hills. He promised to show me a good buck or He'd buy me dinner. Let's just say the Choco Shake, Dr Pepper, Chili Fries, snd Smoked bacon Burger sure tasted good on his dime ;)

Next morning came Soon with nothing in the Hills but a few Small Buckaroonies'. Being the "Stop watch" year for me with only 2 days to hunt I wasn't going to be picky. I hear Utah had some good forked horns in the General Season so I was going to put one to rest ;)

Before Browtine lies about the "EVENT" I'll share it with ya. Since my gun was off I borrowed his. We never Bothered to load it but before we hiked out I actually put a Couple shells in my pocket. 1/2 way out I say "Browtine !!" In a whisper yell and point downhill. He then points downhill and I see a Doe. I thought a Buck was Bedded but I must have been wrong. I walk closer to him and the doe gets a little spooked. She's about 35 yards from us when the area I thought was a Buck he jumped up !!!!!

I reached in my pocket to load the Gun and pulled out 4 shells. I was treying to see if the Buck was worth loading up, seeing were it was going, and loading the gun at the same time. .... Monkey "#$#$" a football comes to mind over the next 10 seconds as the shells drop and go in backwards into the gun.

I finally get a couple in and it disapears over the hill. we try to cut it off and I jsut miss it gonig behind some Brush again. Finally we top the next finger ridge and there it is sneaking / trotting out. I lay down on the Pack and .... Why I don't know, but held over it's back. BOOOM !!!! The deer startled and turned Brodside. Shot one more time in the Quick event and held high Again. Browtine was Laughing and told me .. "WTF are you doing , Hold dead on , It's 174 yards only !!!!" I shook my head, placed it in his Chest and it didn't take another step.

We headed over and in the "STOP WATCH" race that I'm always in I didn't bring a camera. Fortunately Browtine had his Camera on the Camcorder and we took a few pictures. We started Videoing on the way over to the Buck ad we actually missed it and had tobacktrack a little. We took a Few pictures. On the way over to it I called my wife and she was on the way to buy Zachary , my 2nd oldest, some shoes. Aperently he forgot to wear shoes on the way over. I'd give him a bad time But I always forget evertything too. Hell, thats why there are stores !!!! Hehehe..

We told her to Drive over and I'd hike out. We met the Family and I got to hike my 3 boys back into the deer and we took some more pictures. It was truely Awwesom to have them there.

As far as a Big Buck, Well, It's another Small Moosie Special. it was a 22" ~ 4 point and has the Smallest forks in the world, :eek: But I'm happy to have gone Hunting with Browtine and got to take my kids up to the deer. It's the first time they got to see me gut a Deer. The Pee sack was the talk of the day ....

Hopefully Browtine can post a Picture or two to share. Thanx for the Kudos,

-Poosie :D

thanks, I'm living vicariously through you, congrats on yet another critter going down.

I got a Couple Pics sent to me.....

I don't know why the "RUMOR MILL" happens... It's my phone that rings off the hook, not me calling people...

1_683234.JPG

Here's the buck I took.

2_331472.JPG

Me and the BOYZ.... Oscar III is to the right. Even though I coach him in Soccer and see him Every day He looks Alot older in this Picture. He's hunting Birds next year. Dang I'm getting old. Anyways , PArker is in the Middle. He hiked in pretty good. I had to carry him 1/2 way but he hiked out by himself all the way. Only fell down once and Cried for only about 4-5 mins. Dang rocks to the face. Z-dog to the Left is my 2nd Oldest, He has the wood Gun and loves to Fight and Play sports. He's a mans man in the Kids sports world . All tha being said Blood freaks him out. go figure !!! I'm the tall one ;)

3_874173.JPG

Nice work to Ocsar and little Oscars. Is that your lunchbox on the rock? You are piling up the points this year.

Where's the flip flops?

I didn't have any unfortunately.. but the deer did, Go relook at the picture ;)

We have more pictures and thanx to Browtine we got the pictures. We'll post more later when I get back to Idaho.

Thanx to Browtine, we found the Nice Buck too. He found every dang living thing on the Hill. One day I hope to have 1/2 his Deer finding ability. He's always like "Theres a deer behind that tree".. I was like.. Uhhhh "What tree" :D :D

Thanx again BUD !!!!

First off... there are SEVERAL variations to this guys hunt. Since I was the only other person there, lets get things straight.

He said "He promised to show me a good buck or He'd buy me dinner. Let's just say the Choco Shake, Dr Pepper, Chili Fries, snd Smoked bacon Burger sure tasted good on his dime"

Lets just say that ANYONE wanting to loose weight should watch poosie down a choc shake, chillie cheese fries, regular fries, onion rings, ranch bacon burger, coke, and a bottle of ketchup all in one setting. Gawd, I get sick thinking about it. About half way through his Gorge, he takes his jacket off to show his wife beater shirt... then proceeds to kiss his inner bicep (sp)and say "welcome to the gun show"... HAHAHA, Grandma behind him about blew chunks all over us.. Im surprised she didnt have a stroke right then and there.

So I admitt the first night did not produce a good buck... I happily paid the 27.87 bill for two of us at McDonalds... My meal was a #1 reg size..you do the math........... GO FIGURE!
So the next morning I pick poosie up at his sis in laws house. I sent him a text message making sure he was up.. You know its bad when you can tell by a text that you woke someone up.. :BLEEP:

He gets in the truck and we head up the Mountain. We hiked in about 45 minutes and guess who has to take a DUMP. a freaking hour from the house and this guy didnt do it before he left... Another treat for those of you who want to diet :eek:

So, morning time leaves me glassing. All I hear from him is, im cold, my feet are cold, arent you cold? Man its cold!

Since he drew the Utah tag he has been saying 190 or bust.. He even said it the night before he got here. I tried to verify this on the opening morning when were werent seeing anything but does and small bucks. I asked "190 or nothing right?".. He says "Yea, or a 20 inch 4pt" HAHAHA First thing I thought... seriously, was Greeny and Mtmiller giving him shit on the board for killing another meat buck if it wasnt "nice".:D

So, to continue with the truth, its 10:30 on Poosie's first morning hunt... I suggest we hike higher.. I get the "OMG look". I then suggested we hike back to the truck?... Poosie gives me the relieved look. As we are hiking down I suggest we take a detour and hit a small basin where deer tend to congrigate. As we are walking Poosie wistles at me.. at the same time, I see a doe about 35 yrds from us... Poosie just sits there frozen... All of a sudden a buck that was laying down jumps up and starts to trot off.. still only 35 yrds mind you.. This is where the story gets good.....

I turn to Poosie to see his reaction. I actually wasnt sure if he was going to shoot the buck. I see him damn near drop MY gun while he is trying to pull a single bullet from his front pocket (hello Barney Fife) (no kidding).... As he proceeds to drop his ammo on the ground the buck is now 500 yrds out. I finally told him to let go of the gun, let me load it, and give it back. (thats an absolute TRUE story). about that time he gets a single round in the chaimber and wildly swings the gun up towards where the deer were, five minutes later mind you. When he see's they are gone, he drops his pack and starts running.. Im like, WTF:confused: , he then decides to put the pack back on and ran back.. the whole time I didnt move cause I knew he had to come back for his pack... I wish you guys could have seen how freaking hilarious this was... Its like he was 14yrs old and killing his first buck... HAHAHA
5.jpg

So, we head over the ridge and I spot the buck stll working his way away from us but not at a very fast pace. I mean, he had thirty minutes to calm down before Poosie was ready. I show him the buck and he says he is ready... BOOM!!! First shot is out of the ball park 10 feet high... Im like WTF .. I thought for sure my gun was off. He reloads and shoots again and well over his back.. I turn to him and say, what the hell are you doing.. your high! He says, "should I hold right on him? Ive been aiming over his back". I about freaking died. I have the leica geovids with the range finder in them. I ranged the distance thinking I must have assumed the buck was way closer then Poosie... it ranged at 172 yrds.. I say to him... He is 172 yrds..... why are you holding high.. Poosie gives me the :confused: look at I start laughing.. the next shot was true and the buck dropped in his tracks.
3.jpg

So, we get over to the buck....

1.jpg

And Poosie needs to verify gender
2.jpg

HAHAHAHA

It doesnt help that his phone is ringing constantly.. I am trying to take pics (not that he would know what a camera is).. and he is constantly on the phone. We get the pics and have to drag this thing out to the truck... I can go on... but I will leave that part alone.

So, we drop the buck off at the butcher and head to get lunch... We decide to give IDBugger a call so ring him from my phone.... no answer... Moosie says.. "wouldnt that be a bitch if he was screening your call".. I just couldnt believe it.. so Poosie calls him from his phone... Next thing I know he is telling that fugger the story.... WTF :BLEEP:

Anyway..........

Long story short... I drop the head off at Poosie's sis in laws house and two days later he is headed home.... Not without saying goodbye.. ROFL

And yes, thats a deer head in a BOX ontop of a mini van... I doubt Hoodini himself could un-tie those "ropes".

Congrats man!!! I hope you come back next year for another "minute" hunt!!!!
6.jpg

Ranch Burger at McDonalds ? Who'd of thunked ;)

I uhhhhh, Wish I could Argue any of that... but thats "EXACTLY" what happened ........ :rolleyes:

SEE, the Lies, the inconsistency, the Fables, the Untruths.... It's like New Mexico all over again. I jsut wish I had I.B. there to Back me up again ;)

On the Trip home i had several People drive by and give me the "LOOK". It was one of 3 looks actually .

1. "OHH my god Becky, look at that Buck, It is SOOOooo Big, I mean, It must be one of those Hunttalk Bad Boy Hunters .."

2. "Holy Chit Hun, Did you see that dude with a Buck on a Mini Van, That was AWESOME !!!!!... HONK HONK.. RIGHT ON DUDE !!!!"

3. "Seth, can you believe someone killed a deer and is Grossly displaying it on top of a Mini VAN !!! I'm calling 1-800-PETA-ROCKS, to tell them about this Sad event . "

Browtine.,... You betcha I'm Coming Back, Whether I'm invited or not ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back