Utah New fees and License increases

Trial153

Just submitted my yearly application. Unless I missed or did not notice the increase last year, this years new NR license fee is 72 with the application fees going to 15 for each application. Pushes the total to a close to 200 on your license years and little over a hundred on the off years if your applying across the board.

The tag increase has just about removed my interest in general deer, which was one of the reasons that I felt comfortable rolling my cheap dice on the very low odds elk.

I started applying in a few states when most states had not raised prices in many years, now that most are raising their prices, and kid number two is on the way, it’s really putting the squeeze on my hunting budget.

I actually decided to drop UT from my list this year. I jumped in about 3 years ago there and that was probably a mistake. My odds of drawing something decent are pretty low. I mainly began applying there as another way to draw sheep eventually and it was so cheap I'd apply for deer,elk, big 3. It just wasn't worth the money when I looked at odds to me for mid to low tier tags.

I've drawn both moose and elk as a NR in Utah and last year my son drew antelope. I'll keep putting myself and my boys in even with the low odds. With the hunting license being able to be used for 2 years with proper planning, the non refundable fees are still not bad in my opinion. In my planning I consider Utah long long term with the very small potential for a random draw tag at some point.

I actually decided to drop UT from my list this year. I jumped in about 3 years ago there and that was probably a mistake. My odds of drawing something decent are pretty low. I mainly began applying there as another way to draw sheep eventually and it was so cheap I'd apply for deer,elk, big 3. It just wasn't worth the money when I looked at odds to me for mid to low tier tags.

I’m in the exact same boat; I got in the Utah game mainly for mule deer but that tag fee increase makes it very tough for me to justify the costs on the limited budget I have for personal spending. I’ll definitely stay in the Arizona system mainly for the value and opportunity that comes with it and continue in the WY system until I draw pronghorn and deer but I’m leaning towards pulling the plug on Utah.

Reactions: Zim
The value to draw odds in utah are pretty horrible, considering the bi yearly combined cost. It sure as hell isnt something I would recommend if your budget is limited.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back