Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Utah Hunt expo -SMH

Not suggesting; I'm stating RMEF has not demonstrated ability to organize and host a convention for years. That Vegas thing piggybacks off NFR and the Mountain Festival piggybacked off Total Archery. Government agencies can not and will not provide contracts to unqualified bidders.

Meanwhile; Utah increased killed OIL and Antelope in 2020, +429 since 2007.
Yeah. When the state lowers the age objectives, to create more permits, you get more.

When there are more units opened, also.

Doesn't show great success.

Let's not forget the DWR does the validation part, and does a huge chunk of advertising.

Let's see that fabulous expo WITHOUT 200 TAGS. And see "how to put on an expo"

BTW.

Im old enough to remember when $fw came about.

They were going to give a voice to the average sportsman", and "save the mule deer"

How's that working out?

The fact that instafamous personalities have booths at trade shows is mind-blowing. The fact that people buy their "merch," is equally mind blowing. Its almost like the sports team culture, but way weirder. Grown ass men worshiping another man's prowess as a shed hunter 🤯 or hunter is super confusing to me.
What gets me the number of these instafamous flatty wearing people or just people in the industry that have been convicted of poaching crimes and all the support they still receive and the fact they still receive tags, license ect is just mind blowing to me,

Yeah. When the state lowers the age objectives, to create more permits, you get more. OIL and Antelope no age objectives. What point are you making?

When there are more units opened, also. Yes Utah is expanding opportunity. Good you noticed.

Doesn't show great success. Give me example of great success

Let's not forget the DWR does the validation part, and does a huge chunk of advertising. Actually state of Utah, Office of Tourism kicks in big sponsorship. Unlike Colorado; Utah doesn't disavow our rural residents and we understanding hunting and outdoor activities generate income to those communities and the CWMU programs supports ranchers viability and open amazing private lands if you draw.

Let's see that fabulous expo WITHOUT 200 TAGS. And see "how to put on an expo" What's RMEF doing with their tags? Maybe Mountain Festival??

BTW.

Im old enough to remember when $fw came about. So am I and RMEF member since 1989.

They were going to give a voice to the average sportsman", and "save the mule deer" Utah - Prop 5 - Colorado - Wolf Reintroduction and expect referendum to Lion Hunting Ban. Educate yourself on what other states have banned hunting of species or manner of take. Utah we allow DWR to use science based management.

How's that working out? Really well. I've drawn Bison, Goat and close on Sheep (Utah's OIL herds expanding). Elk every year with spike or any bull units. Deer not so much anymore; I get more time to chase Chukars a passion. You?

Hunted antelope on the Parker lately?
Hows the moose in Utah doing?
The state added a sheep unit. But, then lost AI., Which, after millions in tag fees killing deer on AI, KUIU, paid for reintroduction, $fw didn't.

Prop 5? Prop 5, was in 1998. Nowhere near the 2007-2020 you posted. It also happened PRE EXPO TAG WELFARE.

Why do I care what other states do? Do other states pimp out 500+ tags? With $fw taking the biggest share?

Yes. I'm sure you have drawn more than one oil tag.

For starters, your old enough to have been in draws from the start. For two, your old enough to have been able to apply FOR EVERY OIL SPECIES, every year. Easy to built points, when you do so across the board.

Further, notice, the biggest/best thing $fw did last year was buy ground east of Ogden.

Of course they, had to partner with RMEF, who gets no expo tags, and the nature conservancy, who gets no "conservation" tags at all.

Now, while it's good for SLC that the expo creates money in town, NOT ONE Oil, LE , or ah $fw pimps, comes from that area.

The majority come from central, south Central Utah.

Manti gets nothing from the tags pimped. Beaver doesn't. Panguitch doesn't.

Downtown SLC profits

That's not a success for WILDLIFE.

I think you might be missing the point… I live in SLC. I love KUIU gear.

…but I wear it when I’m hunting. Not walking around downtown SLC to go to a hunt expo.

No need wear tons of camo to try and hide from any animals walking around the expo, they’re already mounted and on display. 😉😂
I've always found it strange as well, and SLC has become a place where............well.......SLC is just not a place where camo/hunting fit in lol. But people in small towns wear camo every day, and there's plenty of people from all around the state and elsewhere there. If people want to wear it, thats cool, I usually don't, just because I don't care for weird stares outside the expo lol.

Last edited:
Oh, and by the way, I'm not alone in what I say and thing about $fw

"Utah bill aims to make fundraising for wildlife conservation more transparent and accountable – St George News" https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...ore-transparent-and-accountable/#.YhQwLLdlAzY
I went to the show for years, but haven't been since RMEF didn't get the bid. I won't be back until SFW is gone either. It sucks, because those 200 tags are all of ours. If it wasn't SFW involved I would have no issue with the show, it's an okay way to spend a Saturday in February, but not with them involved.

This just hit my twitter feed and made me laugh. Is Twitter monitoring my social media activity? Yeah, most likely. :LOL:

As a part time resident of UT, I find the jokes and stereotypes funny. I also like Polygamy Porter.

Bottom line is any states who elect people like this to political office deserve all the teasing they get. CO, GA, FL, TX, PA, NC, SC, NY, IL, CA, WA - take note.View attachment 212124

When we can no longer laugh at ourselves, we have devolved beyond redemption.
Mike Lee is quite terrible, and I am at least somewhat hopeful McMullin can oust him. Democrats in the state should run no one, so we can get rid of this puke.

Does anyone know where I can find what amount of money each of the fancy auction tags went for? Since several of these tags are state tags you would think this is public record, but with sfw at the helm, who knows.

Does anyone know where I can find what amount of money each of the fancy auction tags went for? Since several of these tags are state tags you would think this is public record, but with sfw at the helm, who knows.
It’s pretty easy to find on the Utah Hunt Expo website, links are right there

I think he’s talking about conservation tags, not expo tags or the handful of conservation tags sold there.

I think he’s talking about conservation tags, not expo tags or the handful of conservation tags sold there.
Are there other places that the conservation tags are auctioned? I have only seen them at the expo but I haven’t gone looking very far

Being a "Utard", I haven't been to the expo the last 5 years. I think I'm leaning more towards the Matt Rinella way of thinking. The commercialization of public land specifically hunting, is crazy to behold. I choose to support my local RMEF and NWTF chapters rather than SFW and the Mule Deer foundation. Glad to hear I'm still not missing much by not going minus people watching.
The same Matt Rinella that makes his living off selling it?

Damn never realized so many tags were offered to organizations!!! Crazy

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back