Utah HB 469 - trail cams

Jape, as I read the bill it only restricts the use of trail cams to remotely discharge a firearm. Formerly these were called "trip guns" when a wire was used. Those have been illegal just about everywhere in the civilized world for a long time. Now the camera is the trip wire. Good riddance!! I'm sure everyone on here agrees.

Jape, as I read the bill it only restricts the use of trail cams to remotely discharge a firearm. Formerly these were called "trip guns" when a wire was used. Those have been illegal just about everywhere in the civilized world for a long time. Now the camera is the trip wire. Good riddance!! I'm sure everyone on here agrees.
298E1AE5-FC8F-424A-BDD3-CF047FBB2938.jpeg
I think it’s pretty clear it is banning all trail cam usage with minor exceptions for studies from July 31 to December 31

View attachment 266842
I think it’s pretty clear it is banning all trail cam usage with minor exceptions for studies from July 31 to December 31
Interesting how they snuck that in as an amendment to a regulation intended for something else entirely. Even if I lived in Utah I certainly wouldn't shed any tears over restricting use of trail cameras on public land. Personally, I'd like to see them banned year round just like leaving any other litter. I think if they had tacked this amendment onto something related to littering as opposed to hunting, it might fly through the legislature a lot more smoothly. But then why allow it for even half the year? Throwing a bone to the hunting crowd I guess.

Looks like it opens the season on lions to 365 days a year and includes trapping them. Hope it gets signed.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back