Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Utah Trail Cam Restrictions

Good start. Hopefully they'll address the single shot rifles, I mean muzzloaders next.

They are going to look at more than that. The Wildlife Board asked the Division to form an Emerging Technologies committee to study and bring back recommendations on how to deal with all the ways we have made it easier to kill critters. That includes muzzleloaders with variable power scopes, Bows with slider sights and rifles with turret scopes as well as range finders and radios.

They are going to look at more than that. The Wildlife Board asked the Division to form an Emerging Technologies committee to study and bring back recommendations on how to deal with all the ways we have made it easier to kill critters. That includes muzzleloaders with variable power scopes, Bows with slider sights and rifles with turret scopes as well as range finders and radios.

"Turret Scopes" would be an interesting one to see defined.

I think we have ourselves to blame. Lack of discretion and indiscriminate use of every type of technological advancements that we could get our hands on makes us look like greedy saps. Trail cams, 1000 yard long range rifles, 100 yard archery shots, crossbows that resembles rifles more then archery equipment, 500 yard smokeless muzzleloaders, carbon suits, ozone machines… you flipping name it and hunters will use it. Game farms, exclusive ranches that cost more to hunt in a week that some people make in a year. And all while we clamor for more opportunity’s and longer seasons. Add to that there are a lot of hunters that by their actions show that quite frankly they can give two shits about the animals they hunt, never mind conservation and environment…

I am not particularly sympathetic.[emoji2369]

Sounds good to me. I'd add rangefinders and any optics over 12X to the list too. When you're counting individual antler points at a mile away, c'mon that's a little too much advantage on your side.
As I'm sitting at home this week with Covid and watching so-called hunting youtube videos, does anyone shoot anything under 750 yards and more? And folks wonder why animal quantity and quality are going down?

Glad to see Utah actually doing something smart. The tag grab to subsidize a slush fund was idiotic. Trying to spread that bad idea to AZ was terrible. Now, will they enforce rules to keep the squatters that tie up camping spots all autumn with a parked, usually empty camper? Allow finders/keepers on all the crap left at watering holes on public ground to "claim" them because Great-Great Grandpa supposedly hunted there. Heck, make it legal to destroy motorized vehicles that venture onto closed trails. Too much nonsense by entitled a-hats.

Here is the YT on the Wildlife board meeting. Watch from 1:48.00 to 1:53.00 to see the vote on trail cams and the discussion on emerging technologies. before 1:48.00 is the discussion on trail cams.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back