Utah cow tag

CaHntr

I cant apply for a LE Bull for 5 years being that I got drawn in 08 but I was able to get drawn for a cow tag. I am feeling lucky, this is our third year in a row. I will take it. I didn't even get drawn for buck this year.

Good luck - I struck out again. Looks like I will be relegated to general tag again this year. I am 0 for 3 on elk since moving to UT. After going 3 for 4 in Wyoming, I am starting to get a bit frustrated. Too many people hunting the same acres....and too many darn 4 wheelers/motorcycles all over the mountains.

You are 0 for 3 on a cow tag? I have been fortunate enough to get drawn for cow 7 times since 2001. I think they may issue too many tags. I have a harder time getting drawn for general deer. It does seem easier for a non-res to get drawn in Utah. I now some people that are residents and non of them in the family seem to get drawn for anything. This year was a little better for them. One got drawn for LE Bull with no points. Utah seems to be regulating more on 4wheelers but there are still a lot of them. Just need to get off the trail away from them.

congrats cahntr...bust a big cow and enjoy some backstraps...the rest will be good too. Heck...I envy you guys out west...I shoot some nice whitetail...but I'd like to go back after elk again...even cows. I like the hunt and the meat...lol

Even though it is just a cow, still a good time.. The last couple of years my dad and brother have been applying with me. Get to go out and spend some time with them. Kinda funny.... When we were younger my dad would take us out hunting, now we are the ones driving him there. My dad used to hunt deer in the 80's in this area.

Utah elk hunt

I get to hunt this year first time. Around Price and wanted some tips any info would be nice.

I get to hunt this year first time. Around Price and wanted some tips any info would be nice.

Sorry, I am not familier with that area. Go to Muley Madness, should be able to get some info there.

"around price", that could mean nine mile anthro, nine mile range creek, manti, book cliffs, preston nutters, or one of the many cwmu's in the area.

i may have info if you are more specific.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back