Yeti GOBOX Collection

Utah CC hits 2021

I can’t fault this logic. If only I had managed to get under their skin that match. I wish I had that large of a footprint.

But do you think they need a judge? Wouldn’t they just call down to their wholly owned subsidiary, DWR, and tell them to jerk my tag?
True, they have those connections. But, in the thin facade of supposed transparency and "respect for the rule of law," they have their back pocket-judge to give DWR some cover and paint the stains of "legitimacy" on the decision.

Ten minutes and you will know your fate.

I think you have pissed off SFW with all your rabble rousing. They have asked the court for your sheep tag to be overturned and they have committed to the honorable judge that SFW will auction it off, making it a benefit to the local economy, to conservation, and the outfitting industry. Word on the street is the Judge, who is an SFW member, will issue his ruling at 9am this morning.

Until then, you won't be getting an email. Maybe a receipt to recognize the credit card charge as a charitable donation to SFW.
HAHAHA, not HAHAHA

I was hit for ALW Gen Deer. Still haven't received an email for confirmation. Also still waiting on my son's youth bull elk results, but I doubt he hits on it. I'm assuming I will be in the San Juan, Abajo Mtns. It was my first year applying as a resident. I just want to hunt at this point. So much to learn, so I looked at all the odds I could and only applied for areas that gave me a decent chance at drawing. Anyone hunted this area? I plan to head out there in June and July to begin the scouting process.

Utah only allows nonresidents to apply for more than one once in a lifetime hunt. Utah residents can only apply for one of Rocky Mtn Bighorn, Desert Bighorn, Moose, Goat, or Bison. How this came to be and why Utahans haven’t burned down their DWR and their commission over it has always been a mystery to me. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a peep about the issue.
By having to choose which of the five OILs you want the most, your competition is cut by about 1/5. It gives you a much better chance of getting to hunt one of them eventually. By allowing NRs to apply for them all, it allows UT to get the most NR application money, even though most of us will never draw even one OIL tag in UT, let alone all of them.(and realistically, NR OIL odds are actually worse than they would be if we could only apply for one)

Last edited:
9 minutes after 9:00. Radio silence from ABQBW. So I guess the SFW OIL tag snatch is completed, he has been notified and he is now shopping for a corn feeder Whitetail extreme DIY doe/fawn hunt to replace it.

I managed to log-on to the special ABQBW-sheep-tag auction, but some guy named Don Peay outbid me!

just got my e-mail,,,successful book cliffs muzzy deer!!! only took 11 years,,,strange though,no c c hit??unsuccessful on the others though.
One of my sons drew that same hunt this year and I had the tag a few years ago. Book Cliffs is one of my favorite places on the planet. Elk, deer, Bison, bears, cougars - you name it. It used to be flat tire hell but the oil companies paved the main road a few years ago and now it's a piece of cake to get there. They reduced the tags this year and it's not a unit where you'll find a lot of monsters but you'll see dozens of bucks every day. PM me if you like.

Well, couldn’t stand the wait and called Utah. Goat permit it is! I’m very excited. I’ve never had a goat tag but helped a good friend on a Utah goat hunt during 2011. It will be awesome to go back with a tag in my pocket!
congrats.....R or NR? Your answer will determine my over all opinion. ;)

I’m a NR from New Mexico. I see you are from the great state of MT. I stole one of your bighorn tags two years ago.
Dang you must either have tons of points in multiple states to draw some great oil tags or you are just lucky

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back