Yeti GOBOX Collection

Utah CC hits 2021

Congratulations to all who have drawn tags thus far in a Western state. Should be a busy summer and upcoming hunting season. Still a few more states to roll the dice and await results.

Apply. Apply. Apply. I remember reading that in a hunting magazine over 15 years ago. These draws and mini-lotteries are definitely a long-term game much like the stock market and investing in real estate.

Has anyone received an email notice of a successful once-in-a-lifetime (OIL) tag draw? (Or heard of anyone receiving a OIL success email). Seems like only successful deer and elk and unsuccessful OIL email notices have been sent?

I was charged the $2,200 NR OIL fee but am dying to find out if it’s Desert or Rocky Bighorn, Goat, Moose, or Bison. Statistically it’s Bison. But I’m praying desert sheep! Gotta love it when “worst-case” is dreamy.

Utah only allows nonresidents to apply for more than one once in a lifetime hunt. Utah residents can only apply for one of Rocky Mtn Bighorn, Desert Bighorn, Moose, Goat, or Bison. How this came to be and why Utahans haven’t burned down their DWR and their commission over it has always been a mystery to me. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a peep about the issue.

Utah only allows nonresidents to apply for more than one once in a lifetime hunt. Utah residents can only apply for one of Rocky Mtn Bighorn, Desert Bighorn, Moose, Goat, or Bison. How this came to be and why Utahans haven’t burned down their DWR and their commission over it has always been a mystery to me. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a peep about the issue.
It was a sheety thing they did 13 years ago. I wish it never happened.

Want to make crappier resident odds for those five critters, allow Rs to apply for all.

It was a sheety thing they did 13 years ago. I wish it never happened.

Want to make crappier resident odds for those five critters, allow Rs to apply for all.
I agree. If you look at the draw recap reports it’s crazy how many tags are drawn by the huge pool of guys sitting at that point level. All it did was make odds worse for guys who were chasing a specific tag before the change and those at lower point levels that got in after.

Brother, Oh how I wish I was in your difficult situation of not knowing which OIL I drew!

It’s VERY stressful! In 2018 I was in the same situation and had the majority of points in the Desert Sheep. You can’t be disappointed with any of the results but it definitely is stressful. They are MUCH quicker these days with the emails though.

I drew Beaver mountain goat and had an awesome DIY hunt.

Good luck!

Attachments

• CF3AC0A0-9163-4C88-A9AB-D338EDAF5634.jpeg
    CF3AC0A0-9163-4C88-A9AB-D338EDAF5634.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 12
I agree. If you look at the draw recap reports it’s crazy how many tags are drawn by the huge pool of guys sitting at that point level. All it did was make odds worse for guys who were chasing a specific tag before the change and those at lower point levels that got in after.
I understand that thought but I think it’s speaks to one of the many failures of points more than anything. A kid in UT basically has to decide at a very young age which of the OIL species they are going strive for. Regardless, my kids being nonresidents never had to have that decision made for them.

Has anyone received an email notice of a successful once-in-a-lifetime (OIL) tag draw? (Or heard of anyone receiving a OIL success email). Seems like only successful deer and elk and unsuccessful OIL email notices have been sent?

I was charged the $2,200 NR OIL fee but am dying to find out if it’s Desert or Rocky Bighorn, Goat, Moose, or Bison. Statistically it’s Bison. But I’m praying desert sheep! Gotta love it when “worst-case” is dreamy.
I think you have pissed off SFW with all your rabble rousing. They have asked the court for your sheep tag to be overturned and they have committed to the honorable judge that SFW will auction it off, making it a benefit to the local economy, to conservation, and the outfitting industry. Word on the street is the Judge, who is an SFW member, will issue his ruling at 9am this morning.

Until then, you won't be getting an email. Maybe a receipt to recognize the credit card charge as a charitable donation to SFW.

I think you have pissed off SFW with all your rabble rousing. They have asked the court for your sheep tag to be overturned and they have committed to the honorable judge that SFW will auction it off, making it a benefit to the local economy, to conservation, and the outfitting industry. Word on the street is the Judge, who is an SFW member, will issue his ruling at 9am this morning.

Until then, you won't be getting an email. Maybe a receipt to recognize the credit card charge as a charitable donation to SFW.
HAHAHA! I just nearly spit beer out my nose this morning reading this!

I understand that thought but I think it’s speaks to one of the many failures of points more than anything. A kid in UT basically has to decide at a very young age which of the OIL species they are going strive for. Regardless, my kids being nonresidents never had to have that decision made for them.
My point being that it is absurd for nonresidents to have an advantage over residents. Especially nonresident youth over resident youth. Say your dad or mom is obsessed by moose and sends you down the moose path. Then you become obsessed by desert sheep at 20 years old when you are 10 pts into moose?

I can’t fault this logic. If only I had managed to get under their skin that match. I wish I had that large of a footprint.

But do you think they need a judge? Wouldn’t they just call down to their wholly owned subsidiary, DWR, and tell them to jerk my tag?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back