Utah Bonus Points for General Deer

lastlight

I already know the answer to this, but would Utah let me use limited entry bonus points (5) on a general buck deer tag? I cant believe I screwed up all these years and never bought bonus points as I thought it was all the same. I hate states with confusing systems with multiple point strategies. I applied for a general unit that takes 5 points but I only have 5 bonus points apparently!

I already know the answer to this, but would Utah let me use limited entry bonus points (5) on a general buck deer tag? I cant believe I screwed up all these years and never bought bonus points as I thought it was all the same. I hate states with confusing systems with multiple point strategies. I applied for a general unit that takes 5 points but I only have 5 bonus points apparently!
No

For nonresidents general deer and limited deer are like different animals. I had the same question a 3-4 years ago so I called and ask them to make sure I understood.

There are quite a few general unit deer hunts in Utah that can be drawn with 0 points as a Nonresident.

Yea I know, the quality and overall health of the herd seems like it’s not doing well in most units. PV herd is one of the only ones above pop objectives surprisingly.

That’s a great buck Dan.

I have 4 Gen deer points in Utah and hope to use them in the next few years. Really looking forward to exploring more of utahs amazing scenery.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back