Utah archery hunts in the early part of the season?

AtenJones

Due to my schedule this Fall, it looks like my only chance to get out west will be to head to Utah for a general archery hunt in the early part of the season (Mid-August). Any advice for what type of terrain/cover to look into, or any other tips? Not looking for units or locations - I'll do some research on that - but more interested in techniques and tactics for this early in the season. I'm also not concerned with tagging a monster - just an opportunity at a decent buck and a good adventure. I'm also considering picking up an OTC elk tag, since they're fairly affordable, in case I happen to run across a bull - but my main focus will be on mule deer.

Thanks!

I'd say early season is great you can't beat velvet muley just get out there and give it a shot. I went out last year and saw tons of bucks with some bachelor groups as large as 10 bucks

Lots of variety in terrain depending on what unit you draw. There are 30 units and quite a few can be drawn with 0 non res points. Desert units in the south can be dependent on water while high elevation units in the central and north are not for example.

Back