Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

US Debt Limit

Would have been less a problem if Cheeto-in-Chief hadn’t also tanked gains in senate. Under normal circumstances Joe wouldn’t have been able to pass anything.
Absolutely...please don't misinterpret disdain for the present dumbass as flattery for his predecessor. In any sense of performative normalcy Biden doesn't even serve as Obama's VP.

So you want him to keep paying after he's already paid...
US debt has been on a pretty steady rise. I would say he didn't pay enough. So the short answer is yes.

I need to do the math in comparison, but I’m paying much more in taxes under the “tax cut” than before it.
Same. If you didn't benefit, just assume the tax cut wasn't for you.

US debt has been on a pretty steady rise. I would say he didn't pay enough. So the short answer is yes.

Let’s get everybody to pay their part before we go after BHR. He paid according to the terms of his deal, not his fault someone wants to change after that.

Let’s get everybody to pay their part before we go after BHR. He paid according to the terms of his deal, not his fault someone wants to change after that.
I didn’t realize there was a deal. If you want to go that path, the “deal” for Social Sec was you had a 50/50 chance of being dead by the time you had the ability to claim the benefit. Shall we go back to that “deal”? How about paying for any potential costs for things that were even around when he was paying for his deal? See the problem with that argument.

I sold some property in 2021 and paid a piss pot in taxes. Maybe not quite at Musk level, but I didn't even get a sloppy wet kiss from uncle Joe for being a good citizen.

I didn’t realize there was a deal. If you want to go that path, the “deal” for Social Sec was you had a 50/50 chance of being dead by the time you had the ability to claim the benefit. Shall we go back to that “deal”? How about paying for any potential costs for things that were even around when he was paying for his deal? See the problem with that argument.
I do see the problem, I don’t know the solution.

The original age for ss was set at a time when we died much earlier on average. It has been adjusted but not at the same rate it has increased. If that was the deal do you think people would take their retirement any more seriously?

SS at the rate it is deducted was never intended to be everyone’s retirement, it was supposed to be a security net. Now it funds huge amounts of disability for people who never made a contribution and the people who did pay also want their piece. I’m not a fan of mandatory contributions but if we want it to be retirement then that needs to be a separate pie (something like a tsp)

No calculation I run for my retirement factors in any social security, if I get to claim anything it’ll be icing on the cake.

I already told you I would be willing to means test SS benefits and I would not draw on what is rightfully due to me. If you keep pushing for Uncle Joe 2024, I'm changing my mind And will take every last penny of it while living to be a grumpy 100 year old.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back