Caribou Gear

US Debt Limit

None of those, but if you move to Wyoming, you won't have to cry about the SALT deductions Trump stole from you.😉
I wasn’t crying at all. Just stating the facts. Nothing to be defensive about even if you are a Donnie jack strap rider. I think to solve the debt issue we would all need to pay more taxes. That’s just math.

I wasn’t crying at all. Just stating the facts. Nothing to be defensive about even if you are a Donnie jack strap rider. I think to solve the debt issue we would all need to pay more taxes. That’s just math.
You where crying about the loss of your itemized deductions. Take the standard dededuction and quite complaining. If you feel guilty about not paying enough, cut a check for more.

You where crying about the loss of your itemized deductions. Take the standard dededuction and quite complaining. If you feel guilty about not paying enough, cut a check for more.
Go back and read my post. No complaining whatsoever. You were triggered when I called it the trump tax cut and explained how it affected some middle class tax filers including my self.

Go back and read my post. No complaining whatsoever. You were triggered when I called it the trump tax cut and explained how it affected some middle class tax filers including my self.
Not triggered, just amused. Your solution to solving the debt issue is to raise everyone's taxes. My solution would be to allow everyone to be more prosperous and productive. Prosperous and productive people make more money and as result pay more taxes. Tax receipts are down 35% so far this year and your solution would be tax everyone into poverty to make up for it. My solution is to elect someone who understands economics better than this clown.

Not triggered, just amused. Your solution to solving the debt issue is to raise everyone's taxes. My solution would be to allow everyone to be more prosperous and productive. Prosperous and productive people make more money and as result pay more taxes. Tax receipts are down 35% so far this year and your solution would be tax everyone into poverty to make up for it. My solution is to elect someone who understands economics better than this clown.

Lmao didn’t he only report like half a ticket of earnings on his taxes last year 😂

That mfs tax return could make a farmer blush.

The goal of companies is to make money for their owners, that’s not nor should it be the goal of government.

Fair point. But a goal of government should be to use money efficiently (or, with less waste), instead of spending it like a trust fund teenager in the Hamptons, continually asking for more money to support some questionable life habits.

Simply asking for more and more money isn’t sustainable, especially if the people paying don’t see enough tangible results.

Fair point. But a goal of government should be to use money efficiently (or, with less waste), instead of spending it like a trust fund teenager in the Hamptons, continually asking for more money to support some questionable life habits.

Simply asking for more and more money isn’t sustainable, especially if the people paying don’t see enough tangible results.
Every time someone says this, I am convinced they have never looked at the budget.

We are essentially debating the definitions of "efficient" and "wasteful". Is a tax break to build out solar and wind electrical production wasteful? If a tax break for ethanol so corn farmers have a stable market wasteful? Is it efficient to have different tax rates on income versus capital gains? is it efficient to give homeowners a break on the mortgage interest paid or children they have? are the 1,000,000+ joint replacements Medicare pays for each year efficient?

The whole concept of a politician voting for something because it benefits the people that vote for them, even if it hurts the country overall, is how we get to this point.

The whole concept of a politician voting for something because it benefits the people that vote for them, even if it hurts the country overall, is how we get to this point.

Also the whole concept of a politician voting for something that hurts the people that vote for them because they've blown a dog whistle enough times to convince the voters they are on their side.

$38k is 38%, not 3.8%.

I talk to a millionaire everyday. He’s not worried about the little stuff. It’s the major items that are of concern.
There was 2 scenarios in my response. I should've separated them better. $38k is 3.8% of a million.

The $100k a year is meant for non millionaires to get a sense of the impact. Hence the mention of $3,800.

Regardless, most people who've made a lot of money are usually pretty smart with their money.

$50 bil is still a big number.

How do we get past this?

My understanding for these idiots is to serve their country, not their re-election fund. If they went into office knowing it was a short window and then they’re back home at their regular job does it change? I don’t think people making this their career is what we need

We need to do what’s best for the forest, not what makes one tree better. That doesn’t always mean fair or equal

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back