Caribou Gear Tarp

UPOM suing FWP over elk regulations

mtnkid85

"The lawsuit requests the judge declare elk regulations void, and require FWP and the commission, within 90 days to develop a plan to “remove, harvest or eliminate thousands of elk” as expediently as practicable."

Looks like UPOM has filed a lawsuit concerning the recent elk regulations.

Furthermore "The lawsuit further alleges two state laws are unconstitutional. The first law in question delegates wildlife policy power to the commission, countering that setting policy rests with the Legislature. The second requires public access as a condition of allowing game damage hunting."

Looks like they are also attempting to neuter the commission.

This will certainly be a topic at the upcoming PLPW meeting in Billings here in a day or two.

Funny how gov, FWP are accused of catering to the likes of UPOM. Where all all the loudmouth bashers on this one?

Conspiracy theory SEZ!! Must be a dark secret meeting in which Hank conspired with UPOM to have a double secret probation law suit come out, reflecting off the aluminum foil hats in the moonlight. Moonpies and free bubble up for the first guy with evidence proving this one!!

Funny how gov, FWP are accused of catering to the likes of UPOM. Where all all the loudmouth bashers on this one?

Conspiracy theory SEZ!! Must be a dark secret meeting in which Hank conspired with UPOM to have a double secret probation law suit come out, reflecting off the aluminum foil hats in the moonlight. Moonpies and free bubble up for the first guy with evidence proving this one!!
Might not be Hank but it’s certainly not a stretch to say that UPOM and Austin Knudsen cooked this up behind closed doors.

This one is certainly ironic isn't it? They are catering to UPOM, and UPOM doesn't even recognize that. They are too busy trying to control the narrative. This is far from a "Conspiracy".

This one is certainly ironic isn't it? They are catering to UPOM, and UPOM doesn't even recognize that. They are too busy trying to control the narrative. This is far from a "Conspiracy".
Hanks season setting starting point was straight from UPOM. That’s what they want and that is what they are going to get one way or another. I had/have sympathy for outfitters that have spots that need to be filled but burning down the only decent hunting in Montana was certainly not the way to remedy it. There are a lot of ways to fix it but throwing as many tags as possible at it will not turn out good for anyone.

Hanks season setting starting point was straight from UPOM. That’s what they want and that is what they are going to get one way or another. I had/have sympathy for outfitters that have spots that need to be filled but burning down the only decent hunting in Montana was certainly not the way to remedy it. There are a lot of ways to fix it but throwing as many tags as possible at it will not turn out good for anyone.
Going to make elk hunting in Montana mule deer hunting real quick. I’m disgusted from all sides.

I’m good with that. Emp says inaccessible elk don’t count to the objective…they can follow that too than
And they should. The EMP isn’t legally binding, but it would be fun to watch FWP try to ‘splain why 1) they didn’t go to a cow only season in over objective units and 2) why they are counting all elk instead of trying to differentiate between accessible elk and inaccessible elk.

And they should. The EMP isn’t legally binding, but it would be fun to watch FWP try to ‘splain why 1) they didn’t go to a cow only season in over objective units and 2) why they are counting all elk instead of trying to differentiate between accessible elk and inaccessible elk.
Honestly how would we ever differentiate "accessible" and "inaccessible" elk? Without real time data, it is a constantly changing data set. Whats the definition of accessible? If the elk walks across a single section of state land once in the season is it an accessible elk? Is it only accessible when it is physically on accessible land?
I mean I get it, but how would we ever go about doing it?

Honestly how would we ever differentiate "accessible" and "inaccessible" elk? Without real time data, it is a constantly changing data set. Whats the definition of accessible? If the elk walks across a single section of state land once in the season is it an accessible elk? Is it only accessible when it is physically on accessible land?
I mean I get it, but how would we ever go about doing it?
The way it read in the EMP was something on the lines: If Elk are mostly inaccessible then their numbers shouldn't be included in the counts.

I propose that if the AG rolls on this, that we (Citizens of Montana) start an Initiative to ban Outfitting in Montana. Zero payment allowed to harvest game at all. Zero trespass fees allowed to access for hunting. You can't receive money for the harvest of a big game animal.
I 161 passed by less than eight points. Banning Outfitting would likely fail miserably.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back