Unofficial cartridge of hunt talk

what is your pick for the unofficial cartridge of hunt talk

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VAspeedgoat

I have seen this eluded to on other threads, and maybe its already been done. What is your pick for the unofficial cartridge to represent hunt talk. I have narrowed it to a few that I see mentioned pretty often so I am sorry if I leave your pick off. If I did vote other and if there are enough to vote that way I will redo it. I think it will be between to 06 and 7mm08. Lets see.

Mine ,-06,has done everything I have asked it and then some for 35 yrs.Same rifle.

It's predessessor ,my 30-30 Win is with me everyday in my truck....not on list.

There are four basic calibers which all guns have been altered or improved on 22,25,27 and 30 caliber but it all comes down to your personal preference for one and which one has the most available ammo. If I were choose the one for huntalk it would be a 30 caliber, but my preference is 27 caliber.

There are 2 choices for me, a 300 Win Mag. or a 30-06.
I Elk hunt with my 300 Win Mag. but have my 30-06 as a backup, both are Great calibers. IMHO

Kevin

The .338 and other short mags were the main ones I left off, maybe the .260 also. I purposely left off the 45-70 and 30-30 because I didn't want nostalgia playing into the poll too much.

7mm Remington Magnum, modest recoil, flat shooting, and deadly killing power. 30-06 or 30-30 are the next two inline.

I started with a custom 7RM, pawned it for medical bills, the next was a 7RM Weatherby, then I picked up a 338WM, back to the 7RM, then to a 308......I've been shooting a 7/08 for the past 15, or so, years. The critters seem to be just as dead, just as fast. The rest of the rifles are gathering dust in the safe. But, I am looking forward to playing with the 338 Fed, when I finally get it done ! :)

Vaspeedgoat you know my favorite 300 rem short action ultra mag. But as you well know and seen saturday I guess I might have to blow the dust off of the 7mm 08 this year and sling some lead with it.

Vaspeedgoat you know my favorite 300 rem short action ultra mag. But as you well know and seen saturday I guess I might have to blow the dust off of the 7mm 08 this year and sling some lead with it.

As I recall, I saw no 300saum, and only saw the 7mm08 laying there bored. Shoot that sum beach!

I think the 270, has too much of a lead to be caught. Maybe Big Fin can get howa to make some sort of limited edition for us. Haha

Back