MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

unit 9 lusk area

bb1379

a friend of mine and myself are taking our sons on a Montana mule deer hunt for their graduation this coming season. we'll be hunting SE Montana and are considering on the way up or back trying to get them on an antelope in wyoming. mule deer is the main target of the trip but any antelope probably 12"+ would be a great bonus for these boys. due to the path we're taking we are looking at unit on the eastern side, particularly unit 9 which has ample walk in hunting. ive hunted several areas of Wyoming but never this far east. also this will be a late October trip so I figure the pressure will be low. just wondering what info anyone can pass along about the area.

It will likely be a tough draw without a pp. You may want to check out a trespass hunt in an easier draw or go with the special drawing.

As buzz pointed out there was a thread about that not long ago.

I have hunted it before so send me a pm if thats the route you go. Lusk is a nice little town.

I hunted that area years ago for does. We each killed three does in one day and came home. We saw a few bucks that were definite shooters, but I guess since the herd crash, it is a tough draw.

No. Only about 20% since up there. We don't want to get tied up with too many tags and not enough time to use them.

Still have some studying to do. Got good info on 9. Kids have 1.5 pp as a party.

It's a tough draw but not impossible with 0 preference points. Last year I believe there was a 40% chance of drawing in the unit with 0 preference points. 1 preference point would have guaranteed you a hunt.

Back