Uncommon Ground - Film Premiere at BHA Rondezvous

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers asked if we would put together a public land film for them to premiere Friday night in Boise.

So, Marcus put his creative mind to work and I tried to not be too much interference in my role as "visionary" (blind visionary). We came up with this idea, trying to connect public lands, hunting for food, and the requirement for advocacy, with the constraints of keeping it at 15 minutes.

Below is a minute and a half trailer of the final product.

A few Hunt Talkers who have experience in this video gig have seen the full version. Haven't got all their critiques yet, so I am worried they are trying to figure out how to not hurt my feelings with their comments.

For those of you who are in Boise you get to see the BHA version that has some outtakes of the BHA employee, Ty "Three Arrow" Stubblefield. Hopefully those outtakes don't get him fired.

[video=youtube_share;izqlcVKtyjE]https://youtu.be/izqlcVKtyjE[/video]

Good stuff Randy. Will those of us not fortunate enough to attend be able to see the full version at some point?

You have the right melody in the background. No doubt about that!

We were lucky. Thanks to some connections beyond my reach, a person we often work with was able to get a well known folk/bluegrass singer to record that track, which for us resulted in the deal of the century on original music. I had discovered that when Guthrie did his copyright, he messed it up and the copyright was held as invalid, so that song is public domain for anyone (including Jeep commercials) to use that song. That saved us even more money.

The full cut of that music is amazing. Now that we've invested to money for it, we will do another shorter project based on that track as it was recorded for us.

Good stuff Randy. Will those of us not fortunate enough to attend be able to see the full version at some point?

Yup. Amazon, YouTube, and the normal places. We will have to do a different version to get rid of some of the outtakes and change a few small things.

You do good stuff. I'm not where you find the time between all of that, defunding the federal government, and keeping DQ afloat.

BTW, I got my first copy of the BHA magazine yesterday. I wasn't expecting much, and it blew me away.

Have fun in Idaho.

I will be taking tickets and other grunt work for BHA during the film festival on Friday, but am hoping to poke my head in to see some of the films during my volunteer shift. Looks like a good one.

"the greatest accumulation of undistributed wealth on the planet. " I really love that idea.

A few Hunt Talkers who have experience in this video gig have seen the full version. Haven't got all their critiques yet, so I am worried they are trying to figure out how to not hurt my feelings with their comments.

For those of you who are in Boise you get to see the BHA version that has some outtakes of the BHA employee, Ty "Three Arrow" Stubblefield. Hopefully those outtakes don't get him fired.

Ty always struck me as a buncher not a folder. I bet he'll be able to ride the storm of controversy that follows the outtakes. Hopefully, you don't get any threats of libel lawsuits from the makers of Butt Out. I wish I was there to see it in person on Fri.

It's very well done. I love the concept and content. Sorry I was of minimal to no help for the editing part......I'll stick to mowing grass.

I'll raise my glass and shout Skol from the Clearwater country. Gobblers await me/us. Have fun in our city.

Looks great Randy! Do you have an ETA when it will be uploaded to Amazon and YouTube?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back