Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

UL Bend

pipelake

Haven't been to the west side of the UL Bend since the big fire. How has things come back as far as timbered areas?

Well we had another big fire last week around Alex of about 7000 acres.
I am/leaving now to fix some fence up there today. I'll post some photos here at days end.

Last edited:
so are the glory days over? When i hunted plenty of elk and lots of hunters. (archery)

Just came in from a day up around the fire. Drove all the way to Crooked Creek ramp to see how the burn was. Still lotsa fire fighter types in the area mainly standing by and doing some "mop up" on anything that starts back up.
Most of the fire was on the north side of Crooked Creek road. It did cross and head south towards Drag just a bit. Fire damage along the road runs for just about 4 miles and seemed the worst right around the dog town that you pass north of the Two Crow ranch.
While we were there we saw another fire blow up on the north side of the UL Bend about due north of Crooked Creek ramp. Bad as it looks, if we get a few rains, there will be a lot of new growth by elk season on the ground. Trees however will look like hell for a long time.
This fire took place in what I would consider the most used area for elk camps along that road. Gonna be a bummer for a lot of regular users who have set up there for years. Fires stink,but seem to go along with wilderness areas. If we would not have had a good drenching rain the other day this would have been really bad. A few pictures.

Thanks two dot for the pictures and update. Too bad in a way. Did the fire burn the area north of crooked creek to the Musselshell road?

This will push more hunters and elk south along the mussleshell or onto the Flying Arrow.

two dot how are the mosquitos so far this year? I know if we get 8 inches of rain right before season this year I will be wearing full body armor! lol last year sucked.

This sucks to see. Has there been much for fire on the north side of the river? Im pumped to be back in that area east of the fred Robinson bowhunting again.

My hunting partner and I have the 621, 622 bow tags for elk. We are looking to find an area that we can base ourselves in a spot that puts us in elk in more remote spots. We typically like to get 3+ miles from the truck. Is there any general areas/drainage's that you would recommend in the Dry Fork area or Larb Hills?

My buddy worked for an outfitter in on the south side of the breaks 15 years ago, and otherwise we are flying totally blind (Breaks newbs!) Thanks for any advice!

Wow, there seems to be a need for a Breaks News source. I'll do my best.

Mosquitoes, not bad so far. But as I type this we are having the biggest rain of the year. One week from now every cow track will still be holding water and there is a good chance we will be fighting the bugs again this fall

Fire on the North side of the Missouri, don't know. I saw it start up yesterday and have not heard any news on it's status.

Did fire go north to Musselshell Trail, to the best of my understanding as of yesterday, no it did not go that far.

621 and 622 I rarely get out of the 410 area enough to give any good firsthand info, sorry.

There is a lot of lightening along with this downpour today. I hope the rain is as widespread as the lightening or we are sure to have some more flareups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back