Ukraine / Russia

In order to buy energy the EU will have to exchange euros for rubles. The Europeans will have to exchange euro for rubles, in effect the EU central banks will be selling euro buying rubles and propping up the Ruble.

In order to buy energy the EU will have to exchange euros for rubles. The Europeans will have to exchange euro for rubles, in effect the EU central banks will be selling euro buying rubles and propping up the Ruble.
It was already mentioned that this is Purim’s thinking, but this basic currency xchg approach may not work that way given the most disruptive sanctions program the global financial system has ever seen. So we will see.

The war behind the war. Lots going on, here are two small examples: NATO is moving troops already in Poland closer to Belarus border to discourage Belarus from moving its troops to the south to assist floundering Russian efforts north of Kiev. There are also attempts to get Belarus anti-regime factions to start making noise so that Belarus will be reluctant to send troops to Ukraine it may need to put down internal resistance.

It was already mentioned that this is Purim’s thinking, but this basic currency xchg approach may not work that way given the most disruptive sanctions program the global financial system has ever seen. So we will see.
Crazy stuff going on. EU has a contract with Russia to buy the nat gas and pipe it through Ukraine. Apparently up to this request, Russia has been adhering to contract. Also, it made the payments on its debt. Why? Why continue to play in the sandbox when the other players have literally called you a war criminal and sold arms to the country you are fighting?

Crazy stuff going on. EU has a contract with Russia to buy the nat gas and pipe it through Ukraine. Apparently up to this request, Russia has been adhering to contract. Also, it made the payments on its debt. Why? Why continue to play in the sandbox when the other players have literally called you a war criminal and sold arms to the country you are fighting?
Must be a damn good contract!

WTH good are sanctions if the US banks are still managing Russian debt payments? Citi, JP Morgan. I guess we (ie, the Biden admin) won't allow Russia to default on their debt payments.

No shit. Ya think? Have members here that don't like hunting and seems to me don't even like guns. Forgot the SMFH. mtmuley
Truth! I’ve never seen a hunting forum quite like HT in terms of what you said. Lots of intelligent and knowledgeable folks on HT but some of their views really surprise me, especially in re guns and 2A.

WTH good are sanctions if the US banks are still managing Russian debt payments? Citi, JP Morgan. I guess we (ie, the Biden admin) won't allow Russia to default on their debt payments.

Thinking about this. Maybe a deal is in the works between Russia and Ukraine to end this?

Reactions: JCS
Truth! I’ve never seen a hunting forum quite like HT in terms of what you said. Lots of intelligent and knowledgeable folks on HT but some of their views really surprise me, especially in re guns and 2A.
A fairly reasonable mix in my opinion.

For a lot of hunters guns are a tool - they have one or two firearms and don't play with build-your-own ARs or high capacity pistols. For them, most gun control stuff has little effect. Of course, for many others, they are gun enthusiasts who like to try all the cool stuff and find the restrictions frustrating. And of course, others do focus on a well-armed resistance to a central govt. - but like broader society, that seems to be a smallish (but very vocal) group here on HT.

I despise echo chambers and greatly appreciate the spread of viewpoints on this and other topics on HT.

A fairly reasonable mix in my opinion.

For a lot of hunters guns are a tool - they have one or two firearms and don't play with build-your-own ARs or high capacity pistols. For them, most gun control stuff has little effect. Of course, for many others, they are gun enthusiasts who like to try all the cool stuff and find the restrictions frustrating. And of course, others do focus on a well-armed resistance to a central govt. - but like broader society, that seems to be a smallish (but very vocal) group here on HT.

I despise echo chambers and greatly appreciate the spread of viewpoints on this and other topics on HT.
The majority here does not fit the majority of gun owners. Edit, legal gun owners

Certainly not the majority of NRA members. But they tend to fit in with most of the gun owners I know in real life.

This website has actually pushed me into a more conservative view of firearms regulation.
I'm getting a self loathing vibe from your postings. As an unlicensed counsel provider I'm advising you to send me all your handguns. You're welcome.

Back