Caribou Gear

Ukraine / Russia

It’s also just as easy to be gulled by predominant sources Dan.
There are always differences of opinion, but conspiracy theories deviate from that in predictable and harmful ways - and I will call it out whenever and wherever I see it. It is toxic and incompatible with maintaining a minimally educated democracy.

There are always differences of opinion, but conspiracy theories deviate from that in predictable and harmful ways - and I will call it out whenever and wherever I see it. It is toxic and incompatible with maintaining a minimally educated democracy.
Is it the eloquence or the subject matter that constitutes believability.

Is it the eloquence or the subject matter that constitutes believability.
The veracity of the evidence, credibility of the communicator, support from broader generally credible sources, openness to counter opinion, lack of "others" conspiring against those who "see" the conspiracy, non-use of tired racist/anti-Semitic tropes, non-use of tired "one world order cabals", lack of extremely convoluted strings of "connected" evidence that are more random than connected, lack of implication that the teller is "in the know", lack of an ever shifting story in the face of counter-evidence, lack of complete disbelief of all sources except a small select few who are also "in the know", etc. But conspiracy theories always win the narrative prize - they survive by weaving unrelated threads in a way that "explains all".

In short, post #763 pretty much sums it up nicely.

Regardless of individual wishes, not a good look for a US Senator. There is a reason nations avoid killing each other’s leaders.

Why? It’s not like if someone did assassinate him that, in the absence of any additional evidence, people would jump to the conclusion that the US was behind it?

No one is that credulous!

It was incredibly stupid for Graham to float this publicly.

Now it gives Putin's inner circle a perfect villain to assign responsibility, if he is killed. If much of the Russian public believes the lies they are continually fed... how hard would it be to sell the lie the USA was behind it.

Personally, I would hope he could at some point be put on trial for war crimes.

It was incredibly stupid for Graham to float this publicly.

Now it gives Putin's inner circle a perfect villain to assign responsibility, if he is killed. If much of the Russian public believes the lies they are continually fed... how hard would it be to sell the lie the USA was behind it.

Personally, I would hope he could at some point be put on trial for war crimes.

Putin for atrocities in Chechnya, Syria and Ukraine; or Graham as a flip-flopping moron? I could get behind both trials. ;)

You are hitting all the checkboxes on this thread - well done.
Your the one that wanted the info. Then you call me a conspiracy theorist after I give you information. I didn't call you stupid I called ignorant. One of the meanings is uninformed But the line is getting pretty blurry with the other meaning.

Putin needs to die. Only way to stop the maniac. mtmuley
Not arguing that - but that is not for US Govt officials to tweet.

And how is he helping? The Russians concerned about Putin understand their options - Graham is just pandering for votes and in the process helping Putin in the war of public opinion.

Your the one that wanted the info. Then you call me a conspiracy theorist after I give you information. I didn't call you stupid I called ignorant. One of the meanings is uninformed But the line is getting pretty blurry with the other meaning.
I feel quite informed that any world view that leans heavily on the Rothchilds, is a view that is filled with ant-Semitic “one world tropes”.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back