Ukraine / Russia

The Soviet Union hasn’t existed since December 1991. The incarnation of what is now the Russian autocratic government like it or not is the only reality these people know and naive to underestimate the likelihood the county revert to nationalism versus a regime change. From a historical perspective that’s way more likely
The west will absolutely be blamed and the majority of Russian will be happy to swallow that tripe.
You don't have much faith in people being people. I don't believe all " Russians" are evil and think like Putin. Clearly he wants his people to be denied of the truth because he knows they will not overwhelmingly approve of this invasion.
Massive sanctions just don't happen.

Purely speculation, but my guess is that in 2010 there would be zero HT users trying to see Russia’s side of this. If that is the case, then all the money Putin has spent gaslighting the west is paying dividends.
The world has changed a lot in 12 years, but this "new" tribalism you keep alluding to is not limited to the political far right. There are two sides to that coin.

People are trying to understand Putin's rationale for attacking Ukraine. I haven't heard anyone justifying his actions, but maybe I missed something

So refusing to join the echo chamber makes a HT’r a Putin apologist?

I didn’t say that. Just haven’t seen a lot of openness to the Russian/Soviet perspective in the past. So, as you say, maybe we have just become more enlightened. Or maybe state-sponsored gaslighting works. I don’t own the truth on this, just making a guess.

Here's a Nobel Russian Newspaper writing in defiance of Putin/political threats...

"Everyone had a clear understanding that Putin, by his decision, had destroyed the future for younger generations, that the country would become a pariah, that we in no way would support this war."

With positions, as shared by his entire staff, I believe Russian people have an idea of their President and his mental status.

Amazing they're not 6' under of some unknown tree farm.
"Our office managers brought in body armor and helmets from the warehouse, which had been lying idle for several years. The pressure on Novaya Gazeta and other media began immediately. It’s got to the point of absurdity. We received an order to ban the use of the words “war,” “occupation,” “invasion.” However, we continue to call war war. We are waiting for the consequences."

ggood read!

The world has changed a lot in 12 years, but this "new" tribalism you keep alluding to is not limited to the political far right. There are two sides to that coin.

No doubt both sides are playing games - but that doesn’t make my one particular supposition wrong.

No doubt both sides are playing games - but that doesn’t make my one particular supposition wrong.
We know how this game works, right VG? It's HT after all. You've been there and dealt with it in the past.

Interesting how many hopped on one political gravy train yet... steer clear of the other train running parallel tracks.

You don't have much faith in people being people. I don't believe all " Russians" are evil and think like Putin. Clearly he wants his people to be denied of the truth because he knows they will not overwhelmingly approve of this invasion.
Massive sanctions just don't happen.

You mean the Russian people that have kept Putin in power for the last 22 years? Yea I don’t have much faith in them sorry.

Here's a Nobel Russian Newspaper writing in defiance of Putin/political threats...

"Everyone had a clear understanding that Putin, by his decision, had destroyed the future for younger generations, that the country would become a pariah, that we in no way would support this war."

With positions, as shared by his entire staff, I believe Russian people have an idea of their President and his mental status.
We need to be praying for the Russian people as well. Dumpster fire

Regardless of individual wishes, not a good look for a US Senator. There is a reason nations avoid killing each other’s leaders.

View attachment 214229

The best solution to this conflict will be one the United States brokers. We want to have influence with how this turns out. Graham, through nothing but emotion, just contributed to closing that door, and opened it for some damn contingent - maybe China, to be the one who does.

We all think things we don’t say aloud all the time - and for good reason.

I dont know what sides you are talking about, in reality there is russia ruled by group of mentally sick idiots and the other side is the entire world. Their goal was not Ukraine, they were planning to get Ukraine within three days, then move on to Europe and USA. They said that there will be one world with the Capitol of Moscow. I'm not making that up, one of their leaders told that about a year ago.

Ukrainian people are fighting for entire worlds freedom, they are Patriots and great people. Every person should pray for Ukraine these days and every country must help them to stop that evil.

Every country who is buying russias oil and gas is supporting the war. Biden and his administration are responsible for that war as they changed their energy policies the next day Biden became "president" and started sending Russia millions of dollars every day.

I'm glad that most of Americans dont understand russian language as their news is 100% lie.

You mean the Russian people that have kept Putin in power for the last 22 years? Yea I don’t have much faith in them sorry.
I have been to both Kiev and Moscow. Beautiful cities and wonderful people. I have people I call friends in both locations. We are all creatures of our culture and surroundings. At this point I cut the average Russian a little slack. I cut Putin none.

Reactions: Hem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back