Ukraine / Russia

So where are we now?
Option 1 - Russia did it because gas flows had been cut off and they wanted to increase the fears in Germany of an impending winter.
Option 2- The US did it to make people think Russia did it and because we didn't like the pipeline to start? The latter part is mostly wrong. The political power Russia would gain was a known. Most of the US opposition to NS1 and NS2 came from Senators in O&G areas that would rather supply plentiful gas in form of LNG. There was even considerable varying political opinion in Europe about the pipeline, everyone talking their book. I guess this option is possible, but blowing it in September would be the riskiest time? You could crush the European economy (and possibly the global economy) with a long cold snap in winter (although I recognize gas wasn't;t flowing, but cutting off the possibility increases market prices). That's a risky decision. It was nice that the author tied in Norway because they export a lot of gas to Europe. Just makes it more odd that Joey B would help out the O&G industry.
Would he really be doing it to help the O&G industry or to insure European compliance or is it a little of both. I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that Putin would have done this. Had they not already turned the tap off at the source?

Would he really be doing it to help the O&G industry or to insure European compliance or is it a little of both. I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that Putin would have done this. Had they not already turned the tap off at the source?
The US has been railing against Nord Stream since Bush Jr. this is a decades old issue.

No idea to the actual veracity of the claims made in that blog post. Given how it was “published” I assume that the author shopped this to major outlets but couldn’t produce or refused to give sources that could be verified.

Still seems plausible and frankly likely to me that the US blew up the pipeline, wouldn’t be shocked if German et al. leaders were actually read in on it.

Pretty crazy that this is where prices are after last summer… talk about a warm winter.

97FC3820-0C15-4426-BE5E-EA8851496A9C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it can only be a handful of countries that could pull it off and only one of them isn't in NATO. I'm worried more about the west not putting a muzzle on Zelenskyy. Him now demanding F-16's should be where we draw the line. The initial agreement was weapon's for a defensive purposes only. Now with the Tank's(which they don't have the logistics on infrastructure to support), the new long range missile systems etc. This is going to far.

Skimming from Ukrainian banking also has been lucrative. Here is our out going VP trying to cover his tracks before the next Administration took over.

The voice that is purportedly Joe Biden's says: "Let me ask you one thing before I forget. PrivatBank. I understand the governor of the [national] bank is tentative about setting a date certain for the transition to take place. And I'm being told second-hand, and I know this is her position for sure, that she is unsure of the date until she gets an agreement from you. I told… Here's what I told them. I told them to get back to her, set a date, and I will talk to you about the date because this is getting very, very close. And I don't want that to happen. I don't want Trump to get into the position where he thinks he is about to buy onto a policy where the financial system is going to collapse and he is going to be looked to to pour more money into Ukraine. That's how he'll think about it before he gets sophisticated enough to know the detail. So anything you can do to push the PrivatBank to closure so that the IMF loan comes forward I would respectfully suggest this is critically important to your economic as well as physical security."

Hmm. About a week ago this guy's place was raided. What's up with that?

The Ukrainian government later nationalized PrivatBank in 2016 to prevent its collapse after investigations pointed to large-scale fraud.

Last edited:
When you are trying to rebuild the NATO alliance, blowing up the pipeline is a strange way insure European compliance. I can't think of a good reason for anyone to do it.
Still seems plausible and frankly likely to me that the US blew up the pipeline, wouldn’t be shocked if German et al. leaders were actually read in on it.
Agree, Germany would have had to say 'Yes'. But either way, blowing up global energy infrastructure right before winter in a highly inflationary environment takes a HUUUUGE set of stones.
Skimming from Ukrainian banking also has been lucrative. Here is our out going VP trying to cover his tracks before the next Administration took over.
Yeah, and they laughed at him. Because everyone knows that the US VP position has zero power and influence.

Some times I wonder how much life is wasted on internet forums bantering useless banter.

Humans seem social dependent.

Back to Ukraine/Russia and pondering the time took to post this. Meh, I'm in a coffee line. Guess no time lost.

Some times I wonder how much life is wasted on internet forums bantering useless banter.

Back to Ukraine/Russia and pondering the time took to post this. Meh, I'm in a coffee line. Guess no time lost.
What? ;)

Lot of grift goes on in the swamp, doesn't it?
Did selling eb-5 visa cost the American taxpayer over 50 billion in aide? Those visa don't wake me up in the middle of the night wondering if my 16 year old son will get drafted so the Military Industrial Complex can have a profitable year

We were speculating on whether or not Joe blew up the Nord Stream 2, or was taking a nap when someone else pushed the button, Charles. What is your opinion?

Back