Uh oh

We were looking into getting chickens, our small city allows 6 but you cant butcher them/raise them for meat. The waaaay more rural/small (agg?) towns surrounding us straight up ban keeping fowl of any kind period.

People are weird 🤷‍♂️
How many McDonald's mcnuggets are sold daily within a 10 mile radius of these chickens that you can't eat....🤦

In the most layman of terms, when the data variance stops doing this:

View attachment 283668

And does this:

View attachment 283669

You have an adequate sample size, assuming the data is arranged like this:

View attachment 283670

One problem with survey data is that it doesn't jive that well with parametric statistics, and non-parametric analysis is weaker. I don't have a problem with survey data, it can be very useful. It's just extra easy to misinterpret inference and results. It is true that at a certain point more data does not make an analysis more accurate in a detectable or meaningful way. It depends on what the cause of the variance is.

I personally consider survey data like triage. It's great for highlighting large scale changes or points for which deeper study is warranted.
Nerd

Masshole wannabe-Canuck

Shocked GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The problem I have with surveys is with the wording or the delivery method of the survey.

I remember a study I read a while ago. They gave 2 groups of people the same exact survey question. They were not allowed to say any words other than what was written. One group they said they expected the results to be positive, the other negative. What happened? The positive group returned with positive results, the negative group with negative results. Sample size and confidence intervals are irrelevant if your questions and delivery are incorrect.

3.7 Jobbie Nooners & he has to cry at no fewer than 6 Lions games.
well the crying at 6 lions games won't be easy because I only can hear the cries from across the big pond from you folks when the lions win and you are crying tears of happiness and that only happens a few times a year so...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back