MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Type 6 and a point ?

zimmy

So a question about a type 6 tag. If I put in for a type 6 tag for first choice in January it will not use a point? Can I then put in for a Wyoming point later when you can just buy a point or do I have to wait and buy the type 6 tag at the later draw and then buy a point when I can just get a point. Thanks for any help. Trying to go elk hunting more than every 3 years but get points for a bull whenever I can draw random

Type 6-7 tags will have no affect on how you apply or gain points it's a completely random draw. Whether you draw the tag or not you'll be able to buy a elk point after the May 31st deadline I believe it opens July 1st.

I'm not disagreeing, people do tend to ask a lot of questions easily found in the regs, but in their defense, Wyoming has got to be the most confusing state to get a grasp on. I've been reading the Wyoming regs for a year and a half and still find something I missed every now and then. That being said, once you get a good understanding of them, Wyoming has a great system imo

Thanks for all the help. Yes I read the regulations but just wanted to be sure I was understanding correctly.

I'm not disagreeing, people do tend to ask a lot of questions easily found in the regs, but in their defense, Wyoming has got to be the most confusing state to get a grasp on. I've been reading the Wyoming regs for a year and a half and still find something I missed every now and then. That being said, once you get a good understanding of them, Wyoming has a great system imo

I would agree that Wyoming has a good system. I think they also have my favorite and most helpful website of any of the western states that I've looked at.

Back