Type 6 and a point ?

zimmy

So a question about a type 6 tag. If I put in for a type 6 tag for first choice in January it will not use a point? Can I then put in for a Wyoming point later when you can just buy a point or do I have to wait and buy the type 6 tag at the later draw and then buy a point when I can just get a point. Thanks for any help. Trying to go elk hunting more than every 3 years but get points for a bull whenever I can draw random

Type 6-7 tags will have no affect on how you apply or gain points it's a completely random draw. Whether you draw the tag or not you'll be able to buy a elk point after the May 31st deadline I believe it opens July 1st.

I'm not disagreeing, people do tend to ask a lot of questions easily found in the regs, but in their defense, Wyoming has got to be the most confusing state to get a grasp on. I've been reading the Wyoming regs for a year and a half and still find something I missed every now and then. That being said, once you get a good understanding of them, Wyoming has a great system imo

Thanks for all the help. Yes I read the regulations but just wanted to be sure I was understanding correctly.

I'm not disagreeing, people do tend to ask a lot of questions easily found in the regs, but in their defense, Wyoming has got to be the most confusing state to get a grasp on. I've been reading the Wyoming regs for a year and a half and still find something I missed every now and then. That being said, once you get a good understanding of them, Wyoming has a great system imo

I would agree that Wyoming has a good system. I think they also have my favorite and most helpful website of any of the western states that I've looked at.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back