Caribou Gear

Two GIANTS

EliAGrimmett

We just killed two giants in Arizona.

For anyone following along with the polls I was posting (mostly on Facebook) one of these bucks was posted in Poll #1 and the other in Poll #4. The crowds guess in Poll #1 was 89 1/8 and for Poll #4 was 86 2/8.

Doc's buck in Poll #1 is well over 90 and Koster's buck in Poll #4 is even bigger! :)

John Koster's buck...

1 (3).jpg

1 (6).jpg

Dr. David Meyer's buck...

1 (5).jpg

1 (4).jpg

For more info about the results of those two polls and these two bucks check out the blog on our website.

In poll 4, I guessed about 8 each on the bottom and 5 and 3 up top, 6.75 on prong, and 16. What is the length?

17 inches on the long horn. Short one is a little less. Overall I think your guess was pretty good. Glad you're voting in all the polls. So far I think all of your guesses have been really good.

Your guess on this buck was actually closer than mine. I was trying to be conservative. ;)

Even we were surprised this buck was 17! When you have some of the most ridiculous MASS ever I guess it can hide the length from all of us.

Fun to see them in pics and then what they're true score is. That mass is unreal and definitely hides the length. We killed one a few years back that was pushing 5 inches on his 3rd mass. I missed his length by over an inch. I love surprises like that! Congrats.
-Cade

Kurt, I don't know if he'll end up scoring big enough to be that big, but when we were looking at him on the ground that's kind of the way I felt. :)

Very very impressive bucks! Just curious, are bucks like those the result of genetics & habitat or more of a function of age/living long enough to get that big? Two truly amazing bucks right there.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back