Two Dot Ranch-Cody, WY

backsmasher23

Anyone ever hunt there via the access fee? Was talking to a guy that hunts there and looking for any good, bad/ugly opinions or experiences.

the two dot does not allow hunting at all. never heard of any access granted either. Did you mean the HOODOO ranch?

not sure. I do not think it ever has. I have been here 7 years and it never has and from what I here, it never did///

The Two Dot does allow access for hunting cows at least. A friend of mine from Powell just gave me that info, because I was trying to get a cow permit there (should have applied first round). He said that sign-up starts September 1 and is $40.

Did he mean the TE ranch? they have the $40 trespass fee for cow elk and they have a certain date you can start signing up for it...

Google the two dot and see that they do allow cow elk hunting.... for a fee.

Yep, it's current. I don't think the HMA stuff is all they have. Like Q Creek, some HMA and the rest is saved for themselves.

Last edited:
Anyone ever hunt there via the access fee? Was talking to a guy that hunts there and looking for any good, bad/ugly opinions or experiences.

It's always been open to Hunt, fella from Switzerland owned it for years now a company from India doors, at least what I read a year ago or so, was in the paper.
The game manager was a retired warden from here, don't know if he is still there or not, made sure hints were pretty darn good
Pitchfork ranch is another that head fee access, never heard anything bad about them either, and hunt oil company, dba hoodoo ranch, has 7 or 8 properties that they used to allow fee access to, not sure if they still do but probably do.
Wgfd is always a pretty good resource though I've not found the cody office to be as helpful as other offices
BLM is hands down the most helpful all the way around with Shoshone national forest a close second, there are certain ranches the elk are stacked up on, but hunting a ranch DIY walk in isn't probably any better than on public land.
For a week sometimes I can't get to my mailbox without pushing 50 elk out of the way, then for no apparent reason I won't have one around for miles for 2 weeks, then POF! They're back crappin on the deck.

The Pitchfork and Hoodoo are on the HMA. No fee. They have some great spots if the weather is right.

The pitchfork is another where you can't leave the main roads for game retrieval, or anything else for that matter. Expect plenty of company.

All hunters for elk. Limited number for bull hunters and unlimited for cows later, I believe. I don't think they allow deer/antelope. Part of the Two Dot is on the Heart Mountain HMA also.

Back