Two Dogs Killed by Wolves in Colorado Less Than 24-Hours Apart 3-17-23

Right, and guess what, it took a lot of work that you didn't do...for them to make that happen.

Many of them are posting on this board.

They took action rather than do nothing...funny how that moves the needle.

I wasn’t yet voting age when enlightened Oregon voters banned cougar and bear hunting with hounds. But hey according to some posters, that’s the will of the people, right? They always know what’s best.

Second, ODFW was super slow to even acknowledge wolves were in oregon. So by the time they established, they piled into the already increased predation problems.

I do appreciate this therapy session though. Can I send you a check?

Ps, maybe wait a few weeks to cash, since right now I’ve got my eye on a few more firearms before Oregons measure 114 with gun registry is up and running.

I wasn’t yet voting age when enlightened Oregon voters banned cougar and bear hunting with hounds. But hey according to some posters, that’s the will of the people, right? They always know what’s best.

Second, ODFW was super slow to even acknowledge wolves were in oregon. So by the time they established, they piled into the already increased predation problems.

I do appreciate this therapy session though. Can I send you a check?

Ps, maybe wait a few weeks to cash, since right now I’ve got my eye on a few more firearms before Oregons measure 114 with gun registry is up and running.
I would suggest quit making excuses and start taking action...get busy.

Right, and guess what, it took a lot of work that you didn't do...for them to make that happen.

Many of them are posting on this board.

They took action rather than do nothing...funny how that moves the needle.
ID, MT, and WY also don't have the major metro areas and generally have a more conservative voter base.

I guess I should go down to the co-op in Seattle and educate the locals on the need for wildlife management.

I'm guessing when you're not being a dick to fellow ht'ers you're doing a lot of good lobbying at your state capital?

You aren't going to BS me...I've been at this a long, long time and its a very tiny handful of very over-worked and under-appreciated folks that do 99.99% of the heavy lifting.

Not bs-ing anyone, I’ll certainly defer to any modern day deTocqueville which there seem to be quite a few. However do you live in oregon? If not then you’re unfamiliar with how some politics work. Some people and beliefs are dig in deeper than a tick on an Alabama hound dog.

I would suggest quit making excuses and start taking action...get busy.

I just figured out what the H stands for.

All kidding aside, you’re like a real life, life coach. Where have you been all my life?

Not in Oregon, that’s for sure, or else you would’ve stopped the tidal wave of anti hunters, like Moses parting the Red Sea.

ID, MT, and WY also don't have the major metro areas and generally have a more conservative voter base.

I guess I should go down to the co-op in Seattle and educate the locals on the need for wildlife management.

I'm guessing when you're not being a dick to fellow ht'ers you're doing a lot of good lobbying at your state capital?
Yes, I am doing a lot at my State capital, thanks for asking. Testified on 2 very important bills, one that makes sure corner crossing stays legal and one that makes posting public lands hunter harassment. I also testified against a bill that would have allowed landowners to physically remove hunters for alleged trespassing.

Also worked with a couple other hunters here to kill the squared bonus point bill.

Oh, and did enough fund raising to hire a full time lobbyist who works on behalf of hunters, access, and the group I co-chair. Also did a bit of fundraising to take corner crossing to court.

Have only used about a weeks worth of vacation time this year so far actually doing things to help hunters and public access. Don't donate but 4-5 hundred volunteer hours a year. Won't talk about the $$$ I spend doing all that...want to stay happily married.

You're done before you ever started...how's that working out?

Yes, I am doing a lot at my State capital, thanks for asking. Testified on 2 very important bills, one that makes sure corner crossing stays legal and one that makes posting public lands hunter harassment. I also testified against a bill that would have allowed landowners to physically remove hunters for alleged trespassing.

Also worked with a couple other hunters here to kill the squared bonus point bill.

Oh, and did enough fund raising to hire a full time lobbyist who works on behalf of hunters, access, and the group I co-chair. Also did a bit of fundraising to take corner crossing to court.

Have only used about a weeks worth of vacation time this year so far actually doing things to help hunters and public access. Don't donate but 4-5 hundred volunteer hours a year. Won't talk about the $$$ I spend doing all that...want to stay happily married.

You're done before you ever started...how's that working out?

Well now I know where your sense if rightenousneous comes from to tell people what they’ve done wrong, but I’m sincerely saying that is great what you’re doing in your own state.

I assume you’re blaming all Colorado hunters for letting the wolf reintroduction get passed?

Well now I know where your sense if rightenousneous comes from to tell people what they’ve done wrong, but I’m sincerely saying that is great what you’re doing in your own state.

I assume you’re blaming all Colorado hunters for letting the wolf reintroduction get passed?
I'm saying they need to stay engaged and make sure hunting is part of their management plan, the same thing you should have done, and should still should be trying to make happen now in Oregon.

You aren't accomplishing anything by whining and complaining about it.

Time to get busy.

You aren't accomplishing anything by whining and complaining about it.

Time to get busy.

Would you agree that some of the logic in this thread, says it’s the fault of hunters in CO who let wolf reintroduction get passed.

Yes or no?

Would you agree that some of the logic in this thread, says it’s the fault of hunters in CO who let wolf reintroduction get passed.

Yes or no?
Is there any other way to see it?

What were hunters doing about a State Wolf Management plan when its not a secret wolves were:

1. Already in Colorado
2. It wasn't hidden that wolf reintroduction was going to be on the ballot.

Is there any other way to see it?

What were hunters doing about a State Wolf Management plan when its not a secret wolves were:

1. Already in Colorado
2. It wasn't hidden that wolf reintroduction was going to be on the ballot.

Ok, as long as it's clear that some HTers such as yourself, are of the opinion that Colorado hunters are at fault for letting the law go through because they were "sitting on their ass"

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back